Renewal of my British Spouse Dependent Visa

Old Nov 8th 2021, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Nouman Sarwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal of my British Spouse Dependent Visa

Hi All,

My first visa of British spouse dependent is expiring on 08-01-2022 and I was planning to apply for renewal by mid of December. Could anyone please answer below questions or guide me on the process in detail.
  • when should I submit my application
  • how much will it cost
  • what supporting documents I would need to attach with my application
  • is IELTS required
  • any other thing I need to be mindful.

Thank you all in advance for your support.

NS
Old Nov 8th 2021, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of my British Spouse Dependent Visa

1. If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017.

2. 1,033 GBP
3. Same as your original application ; documents providing, relationship, accommodation, financial requirements
4. IELTS - yes

Old Nov 8th 2021, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi San,

Thank you for sharing your response that is really helpful.
One more question with regards to last 2 years of corresponding address, we recently (2 months back) moved into our own space and previously we were living at my spouse parent's house.
How we will should be providing supporting for proof of address. i understand we need to provide at least 6 documents with combined address.

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2021, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nouman Sarwar
Hi San,

Thank you for sharing your response that is really helpful.
One more question with regards to last 2 years of corresponding address, we recently (2 months back) moved into our own space and previously we were living at my spouse parent's house.
How we will should be providing supporting for proof of address. i understand we need to provide at least 6 documents with combined address.

Thanks

Provide some document from your current address and some from old one. You are proving that you have spent the last 2 years together so you should have more docs from the old address.
Old Nov 8th 2021, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mate
lastly i do have a degree of BSc (Hons) in applied accounting from oxford brooks university, do i still need to do IELTS?
Old Nov 8th 2021, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks mate
lastly i do have a degree of BSc (Hons) in applied accounting from oxford brooks university, do i still need to do IELTS?
If you needed proof of English language for your first application you need one for this one.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 2:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, in addition to the 1,033 GBP visa application fee, you'll also need to pay 1,560 GBP for the International Health Surcharge (IHS) - 624 GBP x 2.5 years.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 2:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a bachelors degree from a UK university then you can use your degree certificate in lieu of IELTS.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you have a bachelors degree from a UK university then you can use your degree certificate in lieu of IELTS.
Thank you for your response Britinparis.
Is it correct that if i submitted IELTS (A1) in my first application i have to submit IELTS (A2) again regardless of that i have equivalent UK qualification.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 6:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your response Britinparis.
Is it correct that if i submitted IELTS (A1) in my first application i have to submit IELTS (A2) again regardless of that i have equivalent UK qualification.
No, you don’t have to continue to use IELTS if you can fulfil the English language requirement in another manner.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,
Another quick question, while i am filling in my application there is a question about Start of your current Visa and end date of your current visa.
Do i need to enter below dates:
Start of my current Visa: Valid from date from visa vignette on my passport
End date of my current Visa: Valid until date from my BRP.

appreciate someone's help.
Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:29 pm

It would be the start and end dates of your current BRP. Your vignette should be long expired.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Britinparis.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,
A quick one, i have got appointment date for documents submission on 30th December, however my visa is ending on 08-01-22 (as per BRP).
For sure by then i will not receive any decision, i assume there will not be any issue as far as my application is submitted.
Appreciate someone's guidance.
Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2021, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No issues:

What is Section 3C leave?
The purpose of section 3C leave is to prevent a person who makes an in-time application to extend their leave from becoming an overstayer while they are awaiting a decision on that application and while any appeal or administrative review they are entitled to is pending.

Oct 15, 2021

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.