registration of child from abroad

Old Jan 8th 2019, 12:34 am
Just Joined

ethreal123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default registration of child from abroad

Hi guys
Apologies if this question has been already asked, but I could not find in search.
I am applying for registration of my son (born in UK) using MN1 form and section 1(3)--child of parent with ILR.
My son was born in UK but since last 5 years been mostly outside UK in India or USA except for a month. Under section 2 of form I need to mention residence during last 5 year in UK and also number of days absence from UK. Since my son is outside UK what the end date to calculate absence?
Is excessive absence from UK going to impact application outcome?
Also what is reckonable in parents absence section...does it mean I can mention any 3 consecutive years.
thanks for help.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 12:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: registration of child from abroad

Did you hold ILR when your son was born?
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:26 am
Just Joined

ethreal123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: registration of child from abroad

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you hold ILR when your son was born?
NO, not at that time, that is why applying under section 1(3):
Section 1(3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK will have an entitlement to register when one of their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.