Refused visa

Old Jul 29th 2015, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Rebeccagoltman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refused visa

Hi wondering if someone can please help me!! I am a British citizen and I have been living in Australia for the past 3yrs. I have a new baby (who will have dual citizenship) and my partner is Australian. We applied for a spouse visa as we want to live back to my family in the UK. My partner has been given a job over there and will be earning over £18600 and I will be going back to work when we return (still on Mat leave). When we applied for our visa we included supporting docs including the letter of employment for my partner. However today we got a refusal for the visa as it said we didn't meet financial requirement. Can anyone help me out in what we need to do?? Do I need to submit evidence of my finances also even though I'm a British citizen? Just want to get back home!! Thank you, Rebecca

Last edited by Rebeccagoltman; Jul 29th 2015 at 7:39 am.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused visa

Unfortunately it is the sponsor, ie the UK citizen, who must meet the financial requirement with a job earning above £18,600 in the country of residence for at least six months before the date of application and with the promise of a job earning the same in the UK within three months of returning. Alternatively, you can apply using savings of £62,500 in either name or both or you could return to the UK alone and secure a job for six months earning the required amount. This would be hard for you when you have a young baby but just setting out the possibilities.

This is why you were refused. As your partner (husband?) is Australian, is there any chance he has UK ancestry as he could then apply under that category.

You should carefully read https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf to make sure you meet the requirements.

Were you careful to include evidence that you meet the other requirements, accommodation and relationship?

Do come back here with any more questions.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 8:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The only other way would be if your partner could get a work visa from the place that has offered him a job.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 6:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Does your partner have any recent European ancestry, i.e. parents, grandparents or great-parents? If he intends to work in the UK and can obtain an EU/EEA passport by descent or a UK ancestry visa then that would be the easiest way to go.