Ref consulate birth certificate and decree absolute

Old May 24th 2014, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future
Default Ref consulate birth certificate and decree absolute

So......

Waiting on my birth certificate to arrive here in China so i can apply for the little ones passport. The problem is with the sever delays in passport applications that i would like to speed up the security check by having a consular bc.
Problem is i got divorced years ago and have no idea about court number, dates or anything and a search for the case number and issue of certificate can take up to a month and cost over a 100 quid.

Is it really necessary to have your divorce certificate for the consular birth registration? i dont see what the point is. The kid is British by descent through me. If i order that it will delay the application by weeks and maybe months as post over here take weeks and sometimes never arrive like my 1st bc from the GRO didnt and i dont have the time to be messing about.

Not having the consular bc is not so much a problem as i will be in and out of China indefinitely so i have years to be able to do that.

What do the residents here think "cough cough" Brit in paris.....

Last edited by johno5175; May 24th 2014 at 3:26 pm.
Old May 25th 2014, 9:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ref consulate birth certificate and decree absolute

Originally Posted by johno5175
So......

Waiting on my birth certificate to arrive here in China so i can apply for the little ones passport. The problem is with the sever delays in passport applications that i would like to speed up the security check by having a consular bc.
Problem is i got divorced years ago and have no idea about court number, dates or anything and a search for the case number and issue of certificate can take up to a month and cost over a 100 quid.

Is it really necessary to have your divorce certificate for the consular birth registration? i dont see what the point is. The kid is British by descent through me. If i order that it will delay the application by weeks and maybe months as post over here take weeks and sometimes never arrive like my 1st bc from the GRO didnt and i dont have the time to be messing about.

Not having the consular bc is not so much a problem as i will be in and out of China indefinitely so i have years to be able to do that.

What do the residents here think "cough cough" Brit in paris.....
The form does ask about any previous marriages for either parent so would make sure you do have all the appropriate paperwork at the time of application rather than risk any further delays. They need it to ensure that's there no question mark over parentage or legitimacy of the child (for instance if you fathered a child in China but were still married to another woman in the UK). It is also good for you to have this kind of life event paperwork on file in any case.

Given the postal situation in China it may be advisable to have any documents sent to a friend or relative in the UK first and have them courier it for you to China.
Old May 25th 2014, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The form does ask about any previous marriages for either parent so would make sure you do have all the appropriate paperwork at the time of application rather than risk any further delays. They need it to ensure that's there no question mark over parentage or legitimacy of the child (for instance if you fathered a child in China but were still married to another woman in the UK). It is also good for you to have this kind of life event paperwork on file in any case.

Given the postal situation in China it may be advisable to have any documents sent to a friend or relative in the UK first and have them courier it for you to China.
Ok thanks for the reply Brit...... Just all these delays are driving me nuts and i have not even been able to send off the PP application yet. Keep us all posted on your renewal of yours when you do it.

Old May 26th 2014, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

I registered my child just last week.
yes they ask for all marriage and divorce papers. Did they give you a checklist?

105 GBP for registration and 65 GBP for the certificate!!!
Old May 27th 2014, 2:02 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
I registered my child just last week.
yes they ask for all marriage and divorce papers. Did they give you a checklist?

105 GBP for registration and 65 GBP for the certificate!!!
I still find it 'odd' that they require to be married or show proof? to register your child?

I didn't know the UK care about that (or am i missing something lol)

As for £105 and £65 well money shouldn't matter to secure your son/daughter future.

Even if it was £800 i still would of paid (call me crazy)