Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Nouman Sarwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

Hi All,

I had my application submitted on Jan16th with additional service of keep my passport, Just now i have received email from VFS Dubai to resubmit my passport as decision is now ready to be made.
I am just curious about the result, what are the possibilities of getting good news? Because in my perception they would not have called to resubmit my passport in case of visa rejection.
Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:52 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

They will ask for your passport even if your visa has been refused as the refusal will be noted on one of the pages.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 10:50 am
Just Joined

noted below, Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bahrainkhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nouman Sarwar
Hi All,

I had my application submitted on Jan16th with additional service of keep my passport, Just now i have received email from VFS Dubai to resubmit my passport as decision is now ready to be made.
I am just curious about the result, what are the possibilities of getting good news? Because in my perception they would not have called to resubmit my passport in case of visa rejection.
Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Dear,
wish you good luck and hope visa will be granted.
please share with us your timeslines also and also whether priority or non priority?
Old Apr 15th 2019, 8:16 am
Just Joined

xiuwoon21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can i know how long do they provide for you to resubmit your passport back to them? Thank you.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:09 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xiuwoon21
Hi,

Can i know how long do they provide for you to resubmit your passport back to them? Thank you.
How long were you planning to hold onto yours?
Old Apr 15th 2019, 9:49 am
Just Joined

xiuwoon21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BritInParis,

I am planning to go for a short trip on the third week of May and if i receive email asking me to send them back my passport for result on the first week of May (60 days since submitted). Just wondering how long they allow for me to submit my passport back to them and when i need to go UK (if my visa approved). I saw someone mentioned at other website about this issue and they said will allow us to submit back in 2 weeks time but i couldn't find the website anymore.Thank you.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xiuwoon21
Hi,

Hi,
You will be required to resubmit your passport within 4 weeks of the email and failure to do so may result in refusal of your visa application.
It takes an average of 5 working days to return your passport after submission.
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2019, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

Originally Posted by Bahrainkhan
Hi Dear,
wish you good luck and hope visa will be granted.
please share with us your timeslines also and also whether priority or non priority?
Hi Dear,
Thank you for your kind wishes, my visa application was successful. Since i had opted for passport pass back service priority service was not available for Dubai or AD VAC, so i had to go with standard process time.
Below is my time line for your reference.

16-01 Application submitted with VFS Dubai (Availed passport pass back option)
13-03 Received email from British Embassy AD to submit scans of my supporting documents within 2 working days
14-03 Scanned supporting documents submitted
02-04 Received email from VFS that decision is made and to submit my passport within 4 weeks of this email and failure to do so may result in refusal of your visa application
07-04 Submitted my passport
11-04 Received email from British Embassy AD that application has been issued and VFS shall contact me soon
12-04 Received email from VFS Dubai that they had received my application form UK VAC on 11-04
14-04 Collected my passport and vignette was pasted on 11-04 with entry validity of 30 days

Wish you good luck with your application.

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2019, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dear,
Thank you for your kind wishes, my visa application was successful. Since i had opted for passport pass back service priority service was not available for Dubai or AD VAC, so i had to go with standard process time.
Below is my time line for your reference.

16-01 Application submitted with VFS Dubai (Availed passport pass back option)
13-03 Received email from British Embassy AD to submit scans of my supporting documents within 2 working days
14-03 Scanned supporting documents submitted
02-04 Received email from VFS that decision is made and to submit my passport within 4 weeks of this email and failure to do so may result in refusal of your visa application
07-04 Submitted my passport
11-04 Received email from British Embassy AD that application has been issued and VFS shall contact me soon
12-04 Received email from VFS Dubai that they had received my application form UK VAC on 11-04
14-04 Collected my passport and vignette was pasted on 11-04 with entry validity of 30 days

Wish you good luck with your application.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing your timelimes...
Thats very good, happy for you.
please pray for our applications also to be successful
Old Apr 20th 2019, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Re submission of Passport in Passport Passback Application

Thanks for sharing your timelimes...
Thats very good, happy for you.
please pray for our applications also to be successful
Thanks dear, my best wishes and prayers for you.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks dear, my best wishes and prayers for you.
Thanks alot. By the way can you plz let us know what type of supporting documents they requested you to send. And did you send through email or you submit them to vfs?
Old Apr 20th 2019, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks alot. By the way can you plz let us know what type of supporting documents they requested you to send. And did you send through email or you submit them to vfs?
They did not specify any document and only mentioned to send supporting documents for your visa application. So i sent them all the documents, luckily i had retained 1 set of my complete visa application along with supporting (strongly suggested to keep). Documents were resent to them through email.
It was strange requirement from them though, because there should not be any need of asking scanned supporting documents when i had already submitted all originals in hard copy.