Re: Returned Resident visa with expiry date

Old Jul 5th 2018, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Q8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returned Resident visa with expiry date

Hello,

I applied for a Returning Resident Visa and they sent me an entry clearance that states 'returning resident' on it but it has only 6 months validity. What does it mean? should I apply for a new ILR!! I had mine since 2006 and lived in the UK, I was only lost my passport that has my ILR... I'm so confused!

I went to the UK during the validity date and went back to my country and stayed one year. (Mother was so sick and passed away)

Can I come back to the UK using the same visa?! or Should I apply again?!!! bear in mind that the vignette valid until 27/08/2017

I found this on the Gov.uk website

gov.uk/returning-resident-visa

How long you can stay

You can return to live permanently in the UK.

Please help me on this issue as I didn't find anything about it.

And what should I apply when I get back to the UK?

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2018, 7:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you haven't been away from the UK for more than two years then you should be able to return without applying for another visa. You should've received an ILR stamp in your passport when you came back into the UK on your Returning Resident visa. It would be advisable to apply for a BRP as confirmation of your status when you go back this time.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...in-uk-form-ntl
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Providing you haven't been away from the UK for more than two years then you should be able to return without applying for another visa. You should've received an ILR stamp in your passport when you came back into the UK on your Returning Resident visa. It would be advisable to apply for a BRP as confirmation of your status when you go back this time.

-gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-transfer-indefinite-leave-to-remain-in-uk-form-ntl

Thanks for you reply

what a relief

is it possible to go back using the visa that I've on my passport now?!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Q8ty View Post
Thanks for you reply

what a relief

is it possible to go back using the visa that I've on my passport now?!
Take a look for an ILR stamp.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

I lost my passport that has my ILR... I'm so confused!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

I have got a photocopy of it and the reference as well
Old Jul 5th 2018, 8:52 pm

I lost my passport that has my ILR... I'm so confused!
I have got a photocopy of it and the reference as well
In your current passport; probably on the same page as your Returning Resident visa.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

I just got the stamp with the date I entered the border with immigration officer number
Old Jul 5th 2018, 9:45 pm

I just got the stamp with the date I entered the border with immigration officer number
Nothing else?
Old Jul 5th 2018, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Nothing else!
Old Jul 5th 2018, 11:28 pm

Nothing else!
You shouldn't have a problem at the UK border - getting on a plane might be more difficult. Which passport do you hold and where are you living at the moment?
Old Jul 6th 2018, 8:10 am
Just Joined

I've Egyptian Passport, I will travel from Egypt.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 11:35 am

I've Egyptian Passport, I will travel from Egypt.
Take your photocopy and reference letter for your ILR with you and arrive at the airport in plenty of time. The airline is likely going to query your visa status.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

BritInParis Thanks a lot for your help much appreciated