Re house size for spouse visa

Old Sep 17th 2021, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Mojopin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re house size for spouse visa

My wife has informed me when filing her visa to join me along with our daughter who has her british passport already that my house has to be 50sq
this is a issue as my living room is around 4.2meters by 3.2neters and my one bedroomb 3 meters by meters.
will my house be regarded as to small?
i am not able to move yet.
i am a little worried to say the least and hope
thanks for any advice anyone can offer

Jason
Old Sep 17th 2021, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re house size for spouse visa

Better to not rely on that accomodation because it might give you an illusion of saving for a while but it might quadruple your outlays shortly afterwards where the authorities might ask to resupply the evidences from alternative accomodation or they just refuse this costly application.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read the following document carefully (specifically #12 paragraph, for regards room sizes and number of rooms required.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...odation-maa--2

Is your accommodation a one bedroom flat? How old is your daughter?

Old Sep 17th 2021, 11:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The minimum area for a room in order to be counted towards the accommodation requirement is 50 sq ft (4.6 sq m). If your bedroom is 3m by 3m then that’s more than big enough.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mojopin
this is a issue as my living room is around 4.2meters by 3.2neters and my one bedroomb 3 meters by meters.
By purely conjecturing based on the above description that accommodation is a very little one bedroom flat/studio flat/EnSite room where the conversion of area has been made in irresponsible way by the developer/freeholder/landlord for making extra money. But the above mentioned area doesn't compliant to the requirement when converted into the prescribed metric which is square feet
Old Sep 18th 2021, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The minimum area for a room in order to be counted towards the accommodation requirement is 50 sq ft (4.6 sq m). If your bedroom is 3m by 3m then that’s more than big enough.
Yes my bedroom is 3 meters by 3 meters.
I actually live in a house, a one bedroom house.
I failed maths at school so 50sq is different to 50 sq meter.
I believe my living room is around 12 sq meter
My bedroom i guess is a little smaller

Thanks All for the reply
Old Sep 18th 2021, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Policy reader
By purely conjecturing based on the above description that accommodation is a very little one bedroom flat/studio flat/EnSite room where the conversion of area has been made in irresponsible way by the developer/freeholder/landlord for making extra money. But the above mentioned area doesn't compliant to the requirement when converted into the prescribed metric which is square feet

Its a one bedroom house, one bedroom, one living room, one kitchen and one bathroom and a garden.
Kitchen is separate to living room.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 7:35 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mojopin
Its a one bedroom house, one bedroom, one living room, one kitchen and one bathroom and a garden.
Kitchen is separate to living room.
Mojopin, please note that 'BritinParis' is the 'Go To' expert on information regarding visas for the UK, Policy Reader not so much.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But the above mentioned area doesn't compliant to the requirement when converted into the prescribed metric which is square feet
He said it was 3m x 3m, so 9.84ft x 9.84ft = 96.83 sq ft, almost double the minimum requirement of 50 sq ft.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Mojopin, please note that 'BritinParis' is the 'Go To' expert on information regarding visas for the UK, Policy Reader not so much.
i have notice that britinparis knows his stuff.
I did fInd the tone of the other reader abit off
as houses in the uk are not big unless you
Have alot of money but im still thankfull for his advice too.
as i am yours
Old Sep 18th 2021, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He said it was 3m x 3m, so 9.84ft x 9.84ft = 96.83 sq ft, almost double the minimum requirement of 50 sq ft.
thankyou for your advice.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

To all previous commentators, my foregone layman opinion wasn't a professional advice and equally I do not think anyone here is offering a free professional advice regardless length of ones membership with the forum. What I had cautioned you when seen your previous posts was that, do not apply hurriedly without checking the size of your accomodation for which as you said earlier that you aren't fully confident. By summing up, just go through the official guidance and then check your accomodation documents where you will certainly see its size description. Again, as an aside, nobody offers professional advice freely on such forums instead just share his/her/other experience, refer to the official guidance & news and that's is it. Consequently, the final decision rests with the op because he knows his circumstances better than any clairvoyant.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 2:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

To all previous commentators, my foregone layman opinion wasn't a professional advice and equally I do not think anyone here is offering a free professional advice regardless length of ones membership with the forum. What I had cautioned you when seen your previous posts was that, do not apply hurriedly without checking the size of your accomodation for which as you said earlier that you aren't fully confident. By summing up, just go through the official guidance and then check your accomodation documents where you will certainly see its size description. Again, as an aside, nobody offers professional advice freely on such forums instead just share his/her/other experience, refer to the official guidance & news and that's is it. Consequently, the final decision rests with the op because he knows his circumstances better than any clairvoyant.
True, the advice given on BE does not constitute professional advice, nor does it purport to do so. However, we do have members that have consistently demonstrated that they have extensive knowledge of certain areas , such as Brit in Paris.

Rather than becoming defensive when someone with more knowledge than us provides the correct information, or advises new members that the information provided by particular posters is considered very reliable, we should be pleased as that not only helps the OP, it helps all those who read the posts in the future.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 3:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Again, as an aside, nobody offers professional advice freely on such forums
Sorry, but that's not correct - we have a lot of professionals on the forums that kindly volunteer their time. We have immigration lawyers, border control officers, people that work in government immigration offices etc etc. We are very grateful to them all.

If you're not sure of an answer, it's better to just give a link to the relevant guidelines, rather than worrying a poster by giving them incorrect info.

Thx.
Old Sep 18th 2021, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for outpouring corrections but whatever I had cautioned above was purely with good faith with no modicum of any intention of worrying anyone. However, if it does to others to whom it doesn't relate to then obviously it is bit red herrings here. Worth exposing despite irrelevant here that I myself a moderator on another behemoth forum though it isn't immigration related, and am fully aware how such forums run. On an additional note, based on my 3+ decades of empirical research, on a lot of occasions the ops couldn't be able to ask its query accurately or feel uneasiness in giving full information in public forums, therefore, enlightening over both scenarios shouldn't be seen as being inappropriate. Also, I had also asked few opinions about immigration related matters here which were responded very swiftly and logically, thanks for that.

I am off now and wouldn't respond anymore on this topic. Have a great weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.