Re Applying for spouse visa after refusal

Old Mar 21st 2015, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Samali11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re Applying for spouse visa after refusal

Hi there,
I got my spouse visa refused last week.
1)I have cleared the 18,600 annual income.
2)but Not that 63,000 in my account.Now after selling property to I will make upto that.
So do I have to wait for another 6 months to keep that in my account or I can reapply.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re Applying for spouse visa after refusal

If you had cleared the 18,600 GBP per annum income then you would not have had your application refused, since you do not need to have 63,000 GBP if you qualify with income.

You should attach your refusal letter so we can understand why you were refused.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks fr ur kind reply..
we are based in Hong Kong my husband income here is equivalent to 18600 not in uk.So for uk they said u have to show savings of 63,000.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 8:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samali11
we are based in Hong Kong my husband income here is equivalent to 18600 not in uk.So for uk they said u have to show savings of 63,000.
What you needed to show was that he had a job to start in the UK earning £18,600 a year, if he didn't have a job to move to then that would be the reason. UK immigration aren't going to allow people in from outside the EU without them showing they will not be a burden on public funds.

Last edited by mikelincs; Mar 21st 2015 at 9:06 am.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Yes I understand that now after wasting my visa fee.Now I want to sell property n put that 63,000 to re apply.
I have read on some thread here that if u sell ur property to make that 63,000. Then u do not have to wait fr 6 months to be kept in ur account. If show that where that money came from.you can re apply right away.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I understand that now after wasting my visa fee.Now I want to sell property n put that 63,000 to re apply.
I have read on some thread here that if u sell ur property to make that 63,000. Then u do not have to wait fr 6 months to be kept in ur account. If show that where that money came from.you can re apply right away.
Reading the requirements, several times, carefully would have saved all that delay, and the fees. Something we always impress on people.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that is true but you must sell the property and have the cash in the bank before you apply. Then if you can show the property was under your control for at least six months before the date of application and now have the cash in the bank, you should be good to go!
Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
I believe that is true but you must sell the property and have the cash in the bank before you apply. Then if you can show the property was under your control for at least six months before the date of application and now have the cash in the bank, you should be good to go!
O thank u every one..
Old Mar 21st 2015, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Samali11

Just a quick question - if your husband is base in Hong Kong, does he has British National (Overseas) status / passport?

I think it will be better for him to apply for an UK spouse visa using a British National (Overseas) passport (if he is entitle to one) rather than a Hong Kong Chinese passport due to the following reasons -

1) When he can apply for British Citizenship, he can 'register' using Form B(OTA) rather than 'naturalisation', which can be cheaper - https://www.gov.uk/register-british-...tish-nationals

2) As a 'British' passport holder and staying in the UK over 6 months, your husband will NOT need to register with the UK local police force. On the other hand, he will be required to register with the local police if he used a Hong Kong Chinese passport for his spouse visa.

3) Your husband will also be entitle to register to vote in UK elections if he used his BNO passport to apply for his spouse visa as he will be treated as a Commonwealth citizen. Being on the electoral register helps in things like applying for credit and writing to your MP when you have visa / passport problems.

Hope the above helps.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
Samali11

Just a quick question - if your husband is base in Hong Kong, does he has British National (Overseas) status / passport?

I think it will be better for him to apply for an UK spouse visa using a British National (Overseas) passport (if he is entitle to one) rather than a Hong Kong Chinese passport due to the following reasons -

1) When he can apply for British Citizenship, he can 'register' using Form B(OTA) rather than 'naturalisation', which can be cheaper - https://www.gov.uk/register-british-...tish-nationals

2) As a 'British' passport holder and staying in the UK over 6 months, your husband will NOT need to register with the UK local police force. On the other hand, he will be required to register with the local police if he used a Hong Kong Chinese passport for his spouse visa.

3) Your husband will also be entitle to register to vote in UK elections if he used his BNO passport to apply for his spouse visa as he will be treated as a Commonwealth citizen. Being on the electoral register helps in things like applying for credit and writing to your MP when you have visa / passport problems.

Hope the above helps.
Yes,he and my 2 kids all have british passports and i have a pakistani passport. And my husband never lived in uk before so what do u guys think he better go thr first rent/buy a home and pay tax/bills then he apply fr spouse visa.Or if we say that we are staying at our sister's home later we buy ours.Is that ll be ok? Because thr was no mention of it in last refusal.
Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
I got my spouse visa refused last week.
Samali11

How about using the Surinder Singh route? Please see link below -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surinder_Singh_route
Old Mar 28th 2015, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,he and my 2 kids all have british passports and i have a pakistani passport. And my husband never lived in uk before
What type of British passport does your husband and children have?