R.O.A and Returning Resident questions!

Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R.O.A and Returning Resident questions!

Originally Posted by 211071Rd
Hi everyone just want some advise
I went on holiday ,someone stole my passport with my indefinate leave stamp in it now I got a new passport from my country embassy . My question is this HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A NEW VISA TO GO BACK TO UK AND WHAT TYPE OF VISA SHOULD I APPLIED FOR? A VIGNETTE TRANSFER? OR A RETURNING RESIDENT APPLICATION ? HELP PLEASE
Vignette transfer/transfer of conditions.

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
is 62,500 for people outside the uk and £16.5k for uk residents?
£62,500 is for everyone.
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

211071Rd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Hey thanks I sent vignette transfer form in but got an email today telling me I filled the wrong form and
I must fill in a returning resident form and send it back to them . These things are very complicated I didn't see any reason to fill a returning resident form as my situation is different but there u go .

As I prove to them a police report ,and all ther evidence to say that I have lived in the uk for the last 20yrs and never lived anywhere else , I gave bank Statement,business address. Rent receipts, all for the past 3years . I think it should be a straight for application what you think?

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 24th 2018 at 11:42 am. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Aug 23rd 2018, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point

£62,500 is for everyone.
i must have been wring then as i thought it was 16.5, is there any rule with 16.5 k saving?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair

i must have been wring then as i thought it was 16.5, is there any rule with 16.5 k saving?
No...... if you want to qualify using just savings, it's 62,500 GBP to sponsor spouse alone. More if you have children to sponsor as well.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks I sent vignette transfer form in but got an email today telling me I filled the wrong form and
I must fill in a returning resident form and send it back to them . These things are very complicated I didn't see any reason to fill a returning resident form as my situation is different but there u go .

As I prove to them a police report ,and all ther evidence to say that I have lived in the uk for the last 20yrs and never lived anywhere else , I gave bank Statement,business address. Rent receipts, all for the past 3years . I think it should be a straight for application what you think?
How long have you been outside the UK?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:15 am
Just Joined

now 15days I left UK 2cnd of august 2018. Only for 2week holiday. Now am stuck trying to get back to work.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 24th 2018 at 11:46 am.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:17 am
Just Joined

now 15days I left UK 2cnd of august 2018. Only for 2week holiday. Now am stuck trying to get back to work.
I thought filling out the vignette would be perfect that's wat everyone told me but they got back to me today saying I should fill out returning resident form which is very expensive compare to the vignet transfer

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 24th 2018 at 11:47 am. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:23 am

I thought filling out the vignette would be perfect that's wat everyone told me but they got back to me today saying I should fill out returning resident form which is very expensive compare to the vignet transfer
Vignette transfer is what you want.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Vignette transfer is what you want.
so why they send me back an email asking me to resend a returning resident form? I sent the vignette already with all my evidence to prove that's where I live am only on holiday, but yet they return application telling me to resend it using returning resident? The vignette is £154 compare to returning resident £516 this crazy can shed some lights on this ?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 1:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

so why they send me back an email asking me to resend a returning resident form? I sent the vignette already with all my evidence to prove that's where I live am only on holiday, but yet they return application telling me to resend it using returning resident? The vignette is £154 compare to returning resident £516 this crazy can shed some lights on this ?
Can you reply to the email you mention above, or are any other contact details provided?

After living the the UK for 20 years, I'd have thought you would have applied for citizenship.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 3:23 am
Just Joined

15 days
Old Aug 24th 2018, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Can you reply to the email you mention above, or are any other contact details provided?

After living the the UK for 20 years, I'd have thought you would have applied for citizenship.
I am not eligible for citizenship until November 2019 , because I came under the 10yrs rule to qualify for citizenship .
Old Aug 24th 2018, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I am not eligible for citizenship until November 2019 , because I came under the 10yrs rule to qualify for citizenship .
so should just fill out the returning resident form as they asked? Or challenge them and insist on the vignette? Been as am out of the the country for only 15days due to the lost of my passport, and o can prove that England is home for me would this be a much more straight forward application?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 5:18 pm

Who is ‘they’ telling you to apply for a RRV?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Who is ‘they’ telling you to apply for a RRV?
I got a reply from BRITISH EMBASSY here in new york that the application i.e vignette transfer is incorrect I should fill out an returning resident application and send it back to them .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.