Quick answer if poss - spousal visa application

Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Quick answer if poss - spousal visa application

I might be a complete idiot here, I apologize in advance.

I am filling out the online visa application to sponsor my wife for the spouse visa (settlement visa) at https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

I am totally confused as to if I'm filling it out as myself for her - or if I'm filling it out as her for herself.

I did the "apply for someone else" and filled in all her details. I put my details when it comes to who the sponsor information is. However, in the employment section, I put my employment details. That got me wondering if I'd did it all wrong... during this process, isn't it my employment details they want as the UK citizen...? Or hers...???

Help!
Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:24 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick answer if poss - spousal visa application

The applicant is your wife as she needs the visa (assuming you are the British citizen), so she fills out the form, or you do it for her from her perspective. .... You are correct, that you are the sponsor.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the quick reply.

What is the difference then between the two options of "applying as myself" and "applying for someone else"...?

I chose "applying for someone else" but still fill it out as my wife? So confusing.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:14 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Thanks for the quick reply.

What is the difference then between the two options of "applying as myself" and "applying for someone else"...?

I chose "applying for someone else" but still fill it out as my wife? So confusing.
References to 'applicant' refer to your wife, references to 'sponsor' refer to you. Employment details should be your wife's. Appendix 2 needs to be printed and completed with your financial details as you are the sponsor.