Wikiposts

Questions clarification on Spouse Visa application

Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Questions clarification on Spouse Visa application

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting the forms filled in for the UK Spouse Visa for my kiwi husband (applying from NZ). Apologies this is rather long and already been answered through here before. There are several questions which I'm not 100% sure how to answer so I hope someone can clarify for me as we are submitting the application ourselves.

VAF4A Form (ONLINE)

PASSPORT AND TRAVEL INFORMATION:
Are you a national of the country in which you are applying?
Hubby is a NZ Citizen and will apply in NZ so I take that will be a Yes?

TRAVEL INFORMATION:
Are you travelling with anyone?
Yes, that if he travels with me to the UK?

Date of planned arrival in the UK
Do I just put a rough date when we plan to be in the UK? I have a job offer to go to in the UK.

How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
We want to go over to the UK for 6 months with a potential of staying longer – would the UKBA still give my hubby the visa for 2.5 years? Or would they want to see longer term period?

What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
We will be staying at my mum’s house upon arrival so I would use her contact details?

PERSONAL DETAILS AND TRAVEL HISTORY:
Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years?
Will this include holidays outside NZ and enter as much as info as you can as dates won’t be precise.
Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in the court (including traffic offences)?
It doesn’t specify how far back i.e. last 5 or 10 years? Hubby said he was convicted for drink and driving about 9 years ago (not major) and thinks it’s now been wiped. Would he need to mention that? How would he need to find out what history he has got in the past if he need to indicate on the form? Will UKBA refuse him the visa?

EMPLOYMENT:
What is your current working status?
At present my husband doesn’t work and he receives his beneficiary payments and he will continue to get these whilst in the UK. What would look better? Unemployed / Retired or Supported by Spouse/Partner/Other?

SPONSOR DETAILS:
Does this section needs to be repeated filled in again for UK Spouse Sponsor? My details have already been entered under FAMILY DETAILS.

Appendix 2 VAF4A Form (PAPER)

PART 1:
1.6 How often do you meet?
We were dating after we first met and used to meet up 2-3 times a week but we have been living together since 2010. Is that okay?
1.7 When did you last see your sponsor?
Do I just say we are currently married and living together?
1.8 How do you keep in touch with your sponsor?
When we dated, we use phone/texts/emails but as mentioned above, we are living together.
1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? YES or NO
Would I need to provide addresses since we first lived together up until current address?
1.21 Have you or your sponsor previously been married/or entered into a civil partnership? YES or NO
My husband was married before – would he need to provide evidence of his divorce paperwork?
1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? YES or NO
Does that apply if you own a property jointly? We don’t own a property together. We only have a bank account/savings with both of our names on it.
1.26 Do you, or your sponsor, have any physical or mental condition(s) which currently requires personal care or medical assistance at home, or have learning difficulties YES or NO
My husband has a head injury from his car accident many years ago and he doesn’t work due to fatigue and not fit for work etc. He gets home help with the housework that’s all. Do I need to mention that? If I need to put that, why would the Immigration need to know that?

PART 2:
2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? YES or NO
My husband doesn’t intend to work due to a head injury (as mentioned above). Will he be refused the visa if he tick NO? Or it is just a simple question?

PART 3:
3.29 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax? £………..
This is for my annual salary for my current employment in NZ. Obviously I would need to convert from NZD to GBP? And use currency converter to get the final UK amount?
3.47 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for six months prior to the application, does their total income from salaried employment overseas received in the 12 months prior to application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? YES or NO
This is N/A to me, so do I enter N/A next to it or just cross out NO? I have been with my current employer for the last 5 years.

Thanks so much for reading and for your help!

Cheers
Claire
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions clarification on Spouse Visa application

Just answer all the questions truthfully and take them on face value - don't try to interpret what they "might" mean.

Read the relevant information guides and, as per your particular circumstances, provide the relevant documents to prove your case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...M_SE_final.pdf