question: spouse visa--timelines!!

Old Apr 14th 2015, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question: spouse visa--timelines!!

Originally Posted by whatadiva
I thought as the sponsor you had to be earning that amount in the UK??? someone correct me please
zoec also said

Originally Posted by zoec
Obviously I need to get a job in the UK but i'm fairly optimistic,
She can use that overseas salary if she has a guaranteed job offer in the UK paying at least 18.6 per year, that starts within 3 months of her moving back to the UK. That will mean her husband can apply as soon as she has that guaranteed job offer.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by formula
zoec also said

She can use that overseas salary if she has a guaranteed job offer in the UK paying at least 18.6 per year, that starts within 3 months of her moving back to the UK. That will mean her husband can apply as soon as she has that guaranteed job offer.

I see. And taken from page 13 from the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

3.5. Conversion of foreign currency
3.5.1. Income or cash savings in a foreign currency will be converted to pounds sterling (£)
using the closing spot exchange rate which appears on Forex Trading | Trade Currency Online | Forex Broker | OANDA on the date of
application. Where there is income or cash savings in different foreign currencies, each

so it's possible to use US income (for the sponsor) but that person would also need to have a guaranteed job offer in the UK within 3 months of arriving at the same time?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whatadiva

so it's possible to use US income (for the sponsor) but that person would also need to have a guaranteed job offer in the UK within 3 months of arriving at the same time?
Yes, the sponsor can do that. I just answered your earlier post on the other thread, with this.

I've nicked this post from uk-yankee as their poster ksand (2nd post) explains these spouse visas so well.

Which Visa, Can we apply for Visa while both in US if Husband has job offer?

Last edited by formula; Apr 14th 2015 at 8:04 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

ruqa.j93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can the sponser who is a british citizen sponsering an applicant countinue to claim benifits. Like if I'm the sponser and my husband is the applicant am i still entitled to benifits? Child benifit for example?
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ruqa.j93
Can the sponser who is a british citizen sponsering an applicant countinue to claim benifits. Like if I'm the sponser and my husband is the applicant am i still entitled to benifits? Child benifit for example?
You can claim benefits but you can't use the benefit money to meet your financial requirements to sponsor your husband.

However, once the savings you intend to show to sponsor your husband is gifted to you, then you will have to end your claims for most income based benefits because you will have too much savings to be allowed to continue to claim i.e. Housing Benefit, Council Tax Allowance, Universal Credit ect.
Your Child Benefit, although an income based benefit, is not affected by your savings.

Last edited by formula; Apr 15th 2015 at 12:50 pm.