Question on financial requirements - spousal visa

Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Question on financial requirements - spousal visa

Guys, apologies as always if I'm being dumb here.

I completed the online application tonight for my wifes visa for us to go back to the UK. I am confused by the financial requirements listed here.

Are we supposed to show income, bank statements, etc from our life here in the US...? If so, how is that relevant to our new life back in the UK?

OR, are we supposed to show income from our new job in the UK? The link talks very much like it is about the UK.

What am I missing? Thank you.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on financial requirements - spousal visa

As you are the UK citizen it is only your income that matters at this time. Yes, if you are using salary to meet the requirements you need to have held a job - in the US in this case - for 12 months earning at least the equivalent of £18,600 - be careful on exchange rate - AND have a job to come to in the UK starting within 3 months of your proposed landing date, also being paid at the rate of £18,600 per year. You need a contract from your new UK employer detailing start date, salary etc and be aware it is likely to be checked. If you do not meet these requirements then you need to return to UK get a job paying at least £18,600, hold this for 6 months, then you can apply. Yes, you need bank statements etc and these MUST be stamped with the banks official stamp and ideally a letter on bank headed paper confirming they are true.
It's all there in the document , just not overly clear! HTH.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, forgot to put the link https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

I think this is more apposite for where you are both currently not in UK.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by quiltman
As you are the UK citizen it is only your income that matters at this time. Yes, if you are using salary to meet the requirements you need to have held a job - in the US in this case - for 12 months earning at least the equivalent of £18,600 - be careful on exchange rate - AND have a job to come to in the UK starting within 3 months of your proposed landing date, also being paid at the rate of £18,600 per year. You need a contract from your new UK employer detailing start date, salary etc and be aware it is likely to be checked. If you do not meet these requirements then you need to return to UK get a job paying at least £18,600, hold this for 6 months, then you can apply. Yes, you need bank statements etc and these MUST be stamped with the banks official stamp and ideally a letter on bank headed paper confirming they are true.
It's all there in the document , just not overly clear! HTH.
Thanks so much for this. Can you tell me which document you're talking about when you say "it's all there in the document"? Nothing I've seen online says anything about it being stamped, although I know I need to do that from reading these forums. If I was just to follow the instructions online, I wouldn't know half of this. I've also not seen anything about needing a contract from UK job.

If I had to go back to UK to hold down job for 6 months (which id never do), are they suggesting id leave my wife and three children behind...?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Page 11 section 3.3.4
Yes, if you have to go back to UK to meet the 6 months rule then you may be separated. Your wife can visit on a tourist visa in the meantime. Lots of folks go through this, and not just for UK. It's not unusual to be separated for 8 months to a year! In the gamut of life it's a short time...............
If you had £62,500 in savings between you then you could apply under the savings section but this amount must be held for at least 6 months and be in an instant access account. If from a house sale then the 6 months rule does not apply.
I notice you have 3 children. If these are biologically yours then they are British citizens by descent, so apply for their passports and the extra money to sponsor children is not required.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh, the contract requirement is section 5.2.1
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quiltman
Oh, the contract requirement is section 5.2.1
Thanks so much for this.

Where is that link posted? Again, I didn't come across it at any point during the application process.

Question - I realized, now that I know this might take a while, that I should have put a different mailing address as we probably won't be living at the same place by the time the visa gets to us... Do you know if I can change this somehow? The application was submitted online last night, and I'm doing the supporting documents this week.