Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Question on Eligible for Ancestry Visa or Double Descent Citizenship

Question on Eligible for Ancestry Visa or Double Descent Citizenship

Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Kalyan8707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on Eligible for Ancestry Visa or Double Descent Citizenship

Hi everyone,

I am in Indian national who is currently living in the UK past 3 years under work visa(Tier 2) but my family has a long history with this country and I am looking for some advice on permanent settlement.

My grand dad (Mom's father) was a Indian born British Citizen who worked for Royal Air Force(RAF) Crown service. He got inducted into Royal Air Force in Singapore when the latter was under British rule. Then he along with grandma, my mom and his whole family moved to UK to continue work for RAF, they lived for 17 years in the UK. In between they also lived in Malaysia and Cyprus which was also under British rule back then.

My mom was born in Malaysia and has total of 4 sibling (she being the 2nd). When they came to UK, my mom, her elder sister and her younger brother names were inducted under my grand dad's 1st British passport. During his 2nd British passport renewal, all the children's name(including 4th child) were inducted under eldest daughter British passport who was major by then. My last uncle was born in UK and had a direct passport for himself.

All of them were British citizen by descent (except for last one). My grand dad was relived of duty after serving more than 16 years in Crown Service, after which they moved to India to settle down permanently. He was receiving crown pension until he passed away 6 months back, now its been transferred to my grand mom who is still receiving pension from UK.

I have all the documents with me including my grand dad's RAF joining report declaration, marriage declaration, RAF form 856b&c, service certificates, both his passports with name of my mom under it, his pension proof''s, my mom's school certificates from UK etc.

With this background, will I be able to apply for 'Double Descent citizenship' OR an 'Ancestry Visa'. Even if this requires me going back to India, i am more than happy to do it.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me here.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on Eligible for Ancestry Visa or Double Descent Citizenship

You are not eligible for an ancestry visa since you do not have a grandparent born in the UK.

For any other information, you would first need to list the years and places of birth of all those involved, years the passports were issued, periods of residence in UK, and any other details involving time and place.