Question about UK spouse visa relationship evidence

Old Jan 5th 2019, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

pendledreams5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about UK spouse visa relationship evidence

Hi,
I will be applying for the UK spouse visa this spring. My British husband and I (USC) have been married for 18 years. What would be the best evidence to send of our relationship? We have joint taxes going back to 2000, but a) that’s an awful lot of paper and b) I don’t feel quite comfortable with sharing our financial info and SSN’s, which would be in the tax documents.
Any other suggestions for evidence of a long relationship?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 5th 2019, 11:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about UK spouse visa relationship evidence

Originally Posted by pendledreams5
Hi,
I will be applying for the UK spouse visa this spring. My British husband and I (USC) have been married for 18 years. What would be the best evidence to send of our relationship? We have joint taxes going back to 2000, but a) that’s an awful lot of paper and b) I don’t feel quite comfortable with sharing our financial info and SSN’s, which would be in the tax documents.
Any other suggestions for evidence of a long relationship?
Thanks in advance!
You're not going to have any problems proving your relationship is genuine, 18 years is pretty good evidence. Your most important piece of evidence is your marriage certificate. A couple of pieces of correspondence from 'official' sources addressed to each/both of you for the last 2-3 years (to prove you've been living at the same address), and if you have a joint bank account/investments, a redacted copy of that showing your names and address - that'll be plenty.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

A covering letter (either joint or individual) covering the development of your relationship supported a dozen pages of captioned photographs of you with friends and family over the years will also be helpful.
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're not going to have any problems proving your relationship is genuine, 18 years is pretty good evidence. Your most important piece of evidence is your marriage certificate. A couple of pieces of correspondence from 'official' sources addressed to each/both of you for the last 2-3 years (to prove you've been living at the same address), and if you have a joint bank account/investments, a redacted copy of that showing your names and address - that'll be plenty.
Hi spouse of scouse! Thanks for your reply!
So, I wouldn't need something for each year? I have something for each of the 18 years, no problem, but I don't want to send to much paper. Any need to send photos?
Thank you!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
A covering letter (either joint or individual) covering the development of your relationship supported a dozen pages of captioned photographs of you with friends and family over the years will also be helpful.
Hi BIP,
Ok, I was wondering about the photos, can they be photo copies of photos?

thanks!
Old Jan 16th 2019, 1:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pendledreams5
Hi BIP,
Ok, I was wondering about the photos, can they be photo copies of photos?

thanks!
Photocopies/digital printouts are fine.