Question about the savings route :)

Old Jul 5th 2016, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about the savings route :)

I have a possibly silly question about the savigs route that likely has a "use your common sense" answer but.... how long after the visa has been granted do the funds need to be available? Eg. Once the visa is granted can we immediately use part of the savings to put a down payment on a house or is your financial status checked again upon arrival into the uk or at intervals?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5th 2016, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about the savings route :)

You can use the savings as you wish when the visa is issued. There is no check at entry.

At the 2.5 year stage you, again, need to fulfill the financial requirements in order to obtain the next spouse visa. (at this stage both incomes - if you are both working - can be used)
Old Jul 5th 2016, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about the savings route :)

Thank you so much for your super speedy reply I really wasnt expecting an answer that fast lol. I knew about having to meet the financial requirements again at the 2.5 year mark I was just not entirely sure if you could immediately use the savings or if it had to be held for a period of time after the visa has been granted. Thank you again it is very much appreciated.