Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

A question about the list of Acceptable Professional Persons

A question about the list of Acceptable Professional Persons

Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

cordcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A question about the list of Acceptable Professional Persons

I'm planning on applying for my UK citizenship, and I'm a bit puzzled by the AN form - section five for referees. Can someone explain why the professions on the list are selected? https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...annexa__1_.pdf

Is this a solid list? I'm having a hard time trying to come up with someone I've known personally for that long that isn't a relative.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question about the list of Acceptable Professional Persons

Originally Posted by cordcat
I'm planning on applying for my UK citizenship, and I'm a bit puzzled by the AN form - section five for referees. Can someone explain why the professions on the list are selected? https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...annexa__1_.pdf

Is this a solid list? I'm having a hard time trying to come up with someone I've known personally for that long that isn't a relative.
Because they are public figures whose identities are easy to verify, are considered trustworthy and therefore have something to lose if they give a false statement.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:36 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

what, not even a nurse, doctor, dentist, pharmacist/chemist, banker?
Old Mar 12th 2015, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Lol at journalists being considered trustworthy. Thanks for your answer.

not2old - Perhaps I misunderstand the requirements? Don't they have to know me personally? Not just casually, like a doctor/dentist?

Last edited by cordcat; Mar 12th 2015 at 7:00 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at journalists being considered trustworthy. Thanks for your answer.

not2old - Perhaps I misunderstand the requirements? Don't they have to know me personally? Not just casually, like a doctor/dentist?
No they don't have to know you personally as in friendly, having dinners/lunches together, getting together socially.

(Would think your doctor knows you more intimately than some friends )

They can know you professionally, and are able to sign a document saying you are who you say you are and that the information on the form is correct.

Even someone from your company (HR, manager) is eligible.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

That's the info I was looking for. Many thanks