Question

Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Rosy2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question

I’ve got refused on my UK spouse visa it’s pending appeal right now and just waiting for it to be overturned. I know I can’t go into the U.K. at all until then my uk immigration lawyer said I could travel anywhere I want on my passport except the U.K. I believe her but just want to ask on here if that’s right?
What a horrible feeling it is to not be able to go into a country when I did it a few times before on my passport I can’t even visit my wife and family when I never did anything illegal in my country or the U.K. when I was there never did anything in my whole life. I’m meeting my wife in Gran Canaria the end of November what a time I had to get a flight that didn’t stop in the U.K. with a layover but I managed to do it, it’s such a shame though because we booked with Jet 2 holidays and we actually have a flight leaving from Birmingham U.K. but I ain’t allowed in the U.K. for now.
I said in my other post that my U.K. immigration lawyer has been giving me hints in her own way she gave me another one the other day I asked if there was any way this process could go quicker she told me no that I’ve tried all options for the time being I wouldn’t be able to meet my wife in the U.K. Now when someone says to me for the time being to me that means not right now but soon. So I am positive it’s just the waiting and shaking and being nervous everyday checking your email. Thank you
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question

Originally Posted by Rosy2016 View Post
I’ve got refused on my UK spouse visa it’s pending appeal right now and just waiting for it to be overturned. I know I can’t go into the U.K. at all until then my uk immigration lawyer said I could travel anywhere I want on my passport except the U.K. I believe her but just want to ask on here if that’s right?
What a horrible feeling it is to not be able to go into a country when I did it a few times before on my passport I can’t even visit my wife and family when I never did anything illegal in my country or the U.K. when I was there never did anything in my whole life. I’m meeting my wife in Gran Canaria the end of November what a time I had to get a flight that didn’t stop in the U.K. with a layover but I managed to do it, it’s such a shame though because we booked with Jet 2 holidays and we actually have a flight leaving from Birmingham U.K. but I ain’t allowed in the U.K. for now.
I said in my other post that my U.K. immigration lawyer has been giving me hints in her own way she gave me another one the other day I asked if there was any way this process could go quicker she told me no that I’ve tried all options for the time being I wouldn’t be able to meet my wife in the U.K. Now when someone says to me for the time being to me that means not right now but soon. So I am positive it’s just the waiting and shaking and being nervous everyday checking your email. Thank you
Unfortunately Rosy what you are going through is what many thousands are currently and have gone through (including myself).

As you have been refused previously, you can only visit each other in another country other then the U.K. As your solicitor has correctly mentioned.

It is difficult but on a positive, it does add to your next application in a positive way. The fact that it show's you visit each other regularly.

As some previous applications have been rejected simply upon the fact that married couples where not physically with one another for a large period of time.

All the best
Old Oct 10th 2019, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife could always visit you in the US ......
Old Oct 10th 2019, 3:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niv619 View Post

As some previous applications have been rejected simply upon the fact that married couples where not physically with one another for a large period of time.
There's a bit more to it than that. If the ECO isn't convinced that a marriage is genuine, then the application will be refused.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
Your wife could always visit you in the US ......
She's going to for two weeks in December I actually pick her up on our first wedding anniversary.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
There's a bit more to it than that. If the ECO isn't convinced that a marriage is genuine, then the application will be refused.
We were approved on everything else on the application but the ECO didn't read my one paper correctly that why it was refused
Old Oct 10th 2019, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

We were approved on everything else on the application but the ECO didn't read my one paper correctly that why it was refused

According to your initial post you were refused due to not meeting the financial requirements.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

According to your initial post you were refused due to not meeting the financial requirements.
We met the requirements but they read a paper wrong we make over
£20,000 per year and the limit is 18,600
Old Oct 10th 2019, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We met the requirements but they read a paper wrong we make over
£20,000 per year and the limit is 18,600
..... the ECO did not think you met the requirements.....hence their refusal on financial grounds.

What was the paper they 'read wrong' ?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

..... the ECO did not think you met the requirements.....hence their refusal on financial grounds.

What was the paper they 'read wrong' ?
They didn't calucate the figures correctly
Old Oct 11th 2019, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point

They didn't calucate the figures correctly
Really? Would you be able to share the refusal letter? Remove your personal details

hopefully then members will be able to advise you better.