British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Queries regarding Cat D FM Spousal Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/queries-regarding-cat-d-fm-spousal-visa-941860/)

TD199113 Dec 7th 2021 7:09 pm

Queries regarding Cat D FM Spousal Visa

I have a few questions regarding the evidence for this:
- The required amount will have been in my bank account for 6 months on 2nd January 2022. I am planning to submit my application on this date, however I will not have the financial evidence until 17th January, as this is when my statement for January is generated. Is it still ok to apply on the 2nd and then upload my documents at a later date, or should I wait until the 17th?
- The declaration of funds letter - was wondering if anyone had an example/template for this that they could share? I am intending to state that the savings have been accrued over time, with some given as a gift from a family member - is this OK or do I need to be more specific about exactly where the funds have come from. Some are from UK employment and some are from overseas employment - didn't know if this would be an issue if I mentioned it or not?

Thanks

blitzin Dec 8th 2021 8:18 am

Re: Queries regarding Cat D FM Spousal Visa

Originally Posted by TD199113 (Post 13079426)
I have a few questions regarding the evidence for this:
- The required amount will have been in my bank account for 6 months on 2nd January 2022. I am planning to submit my application on this date, however I will not have the financial evidence until 17th January, as this is when my statement for January is generated. Is it still ok to apply on the 2nd and then upload my documents at a later date, or should I wait until the 17th?
- The declaration of funds letter - was wondering if anyone had an example/template for this that they could share? I am intending to state that the savings have been accrued over time, with some given as a gift from a family member - is this OK or do I need to be more specific about exactly where the funds have come from. Some are from UK employment and some are from overseas employment - didn't know if this would be an issue if I mentioned it or not?

Thanks

I think you should wait until the 17th. You'll have a window to upload additional or update documents after submitting the application until your biometrics appointment, but if that comes faster than the 17th, you may lose the ability to upload more evidence.

We had the same problem with statements and ended up using savings (with the last statement we had which was old) and evidence of income from my wife's pension. We were able to get bank-stamped manual statements to update our older statements through a lot of hinking and jinking, you might try to figure out if there's a way for you to do that.

Regarding the sources of funds, I don't know if you were planning on showing earlier bank statements or past payslips or what, but we included several docs like that we thought would be relevant.

Any form of cover letter you include can reference what you said in your post about sources and timing, foreign or domestic sources wouldn't matter as long as you have the funds.
​​