Qualify to register as a BC

Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Longdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualify to register as a BC

Hi All, I was born in the Netherlands in 1980 and registered with a consular of birth registration at the British Consulate General at Amsterdam.
When I was born, my father was a CUKC and then became a BDTC and finally became a BNO in 1997.
I was holding a CUKC passport as well when I was born and of coz it became a BNO now.
Do I qualify to apply for a British Citizen Passport as my father was a CUKC when I was born.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualify to register as a BC

All Hongkongers were CUKCs in 1980. After the BNA 1981 came into force in 1983, generally speaking, only those applied and were selected through the British Nationality Selection Scheme became full British Citizens.

Where have you been living since 1980?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Longdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reply.
I moved to Hong Kong since I was around 2.
1 more question, the consular birth registration doesn’t help anything on the BC?
Old Jul 10th 2018, 9:37 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longdad View Post
Thanks for reply.
I moved to Hong Kong since I was around 2.
1 more question, the consular birth registration doesn’t help anything on the BC?
I’m afraid not.