Q’s about Cat A: Overseas sponsor returning to the UK

Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:06 pm
AGB
Just Joined

AGB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Q’s about Cat A: Overseas sponsor returning to the UK

Hi all, so my wife (US Citizen) and I (UK and US Citizen) are starting to plan a return to the UK. We both currently live in the US, and I’m reading that the application for the Spouse Visa is different if the sponsor is not currently living in the UK? I’m also reading that the financial requirements are different? I have more than enough savings and earn enough per year (as a freelancer) in the US, but I’m also reading that I need to have a job offer in the UK? Is that correct? Or do I just need to show I have enough savings? Any help on how this changes the application would be really appreciated!
Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q’s about Cat A: Overseas sponsor returning to the UK

If you have enough savings (£62,500 IIRC), then you don’t need a job offer as well. If you’re in the US then don’t worry about the process for those applying from the UK who are already living there on other visas, as that won’t be relevant anyway.

HTH, good luck.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:20 pm
AGB
Just Joined

Wonderful, thanks for the speedy reply!
Old Oct 1st 2021, 3:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Web page for applying for spouse visa:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Document showing financial requirements:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t-v7.0-ext.pdf
Old Oct 1st 2021, 3:27 pm
AGB
Just Joined

Thanks for the info SanDiegogirl!