Proving the relationship is genuine!

Old Dec 1st 2014, 9:30 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Proving the relationship is genuine!

Hello Friends

I have gathered all the papers necessary to prove I meet the financial requirements for my wife's spouse visa.

I am now in the process of gathering stuff to prove to the decision maker that our relationship is genuine, but I'm finding it a bit difficult.

We got married in July 2014, here is what I currently have:
  1. Marriage Certificate (translated to English, with signature and details of translation company)
  2. Multiple Viber Screenshots (fitted into an A4)
  3. Multiple Skype Qik screenshots (fitted into an A4)
  4. Multiple WhatsApp screenshots (fitted into an A4)
  5. Multiple Skype screenshots (fitted into an A4)
  6. Multiple Facebook Messenger screenshots (fitted into an A4)
  7. Photos of us from when we were little (my dad and her dad were close friends)
  8. Photos of me and my wife at various restaurants before wedding
  9. Photos of wedding
  10. Previous flight tickets to Turkey

Viber, Skype Qik, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Skype are all Apps we have on our phones. We don't use calling cards as they are way too expensive given that we talk for hours everyday.

Can you please tell me if I have I missed anything? Also, is it OK to print the photos on regular A4 paper using my InkJet printer at home? Or must they be proper photographs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proving the relationship is genuine!

This all sounds good to me, but when we applied we had been married for 34 years, a tad longer than you and your wife! So I've no idea really what you need to provide. It's a greater challenge to prove genuineness of relationship when you've only been married a few months.

These things sound to me as if they show a real relationship that is unlikely to be construed as a marriage of convenience; but it would be great if someone else came along who successfully got a visa after a recent marriage.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks, any advice about the photos and whether it is OK to have them on regular paper printed at home on my inkjet printer? Or must they be printed on proper photographic paper (Jessops)?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Hm. No idea how the authorities would view these options.

Ours were colour photocopies of original photographs, photocopied on my home copier--but again, we had lots of proof of very long-standing marriage.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 8:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Don't go mad with the social media print-off. Your ECO won't appreciate wading through it all and since it's probably impossible to verify there would be little point in doing so. Using a few choice examples to support your narrative in covering letters from you and your wife is the best way to go about it. Same applies with the photos. Use a handful to illustrate - any photos that show you both with each other's families are worth including - don't send in your entire wedding album or print off several years of your Facebook feed.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks BritInParis, I won't go overboard with it. All together, they'll be 4x A4 sheets.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 7:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James1859
Thanks BritInParis, I won't go overboard with it. All together, they'll be 4x A4 sheets.
Sounds like you'll be getting it just right then.