Property Inspection Report: To Do Or Not To Do

Old Nov 6th 2018, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

benson_brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Inspection Report: To Do Or Not To Do

Do we need to pay for a Property Inspection Report if we will be moving to the property owned by my mum and dad? It's a 4-bed, large detached house with plenty of room for us (which their permission letter will explain). I will also submit a copy of the land registry document.

Is it only those who will be staying in multi-tenancy accommodation who require a property inspection report?

Or should I get one just to be on the safe side?
Old Nov 6th 2018, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Vicky2309 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Property Inspection Report: To Do Or Not To Do

From my research I agree with you, only for multiple tennancy. Your situation sounds fine
Old Nov 6th 2018, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

AnAsianWife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benson_brit
Do we need to pay for a Property Inspection Report if we will be moving to the property owned by my mum and dad? It's a 4-bed, large detached house with plenty of room for us (which their permission letter will explain). I will also submit a copy of the land registry document.

Is it only those who will be staying in multi-tenancy accommodation who require a property inspection report?

Or should I get one just to be on the safe side?
To be safe better get property inspection report its only 140pounds.. My parents in law having 6 bedroom detached house only 2 of them living in the house but the lawyer advice asked to pay inspection report. It takes 2 days to get the paper works done. Better to be safe!
Old Nov 6th 2018, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

When we first moved to the UK, we used my mother's property as our accommodation, we didn't get a property inspection report done.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get one either and got the visa in October 2018.
I included a letter signed by them (inlaws) stating that they were happy for us to live with them. It also mentioned the number of rooms (bedrooms and other rooms) and the names of everyone in the house. Submitted the land registry documents as well along with the council tax bill.