Proof of savings - Online banking

Old Apr 1st 2019, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

LimeyHoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of savings - Online banking

Currently pulling together all the documents I need and have run into an issue with the six months of statements. Our online savings bank, Ally.com, is able to reproduce the statements for us (we went paperless years ago); however, they're not able to stamp every page and sign it. What they can do is create a signed affirmation of the balance on a certain date, and sign that.

Any ideas if that will suffice?
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of savings - Online banking

Originally Posted by LimeyHoya
Currently pulling together all the documents I need and have run into an issue with the six months of statements. Our online savings bank, Ally.com, is able to reproduce the statements for us (we went paperless years ago); however, they're not able to stamp every page and sign it. What they can do is create a signed affirmation of the balance on a certain date, and sign that.

Any ideas if that will suffice?
​​​I personally think that should suffice. Also not every single bank or employer will agree to sign all pages. My husband's second employer refused to give us a letter. After much pressure, they gave him a proof of employment letter but refused to sign every page of his payslip. However their name and details are on each slip so that gives me some assurance. We had no choice but to submit like that. The other employer agreed to stamp each page. I'm sure there will be cases like this. Just submit the best possible doc you can. It can easily be verified from the bank if they have doubts.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks is an unknown quantity at this point

For what it's worth, my application was approved with none of my financial documents stamped & signed -- all were just printed from my online accounts.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thanks
For what it's worth, my application was approved with none of my financial documents stamped & signed -- all were just printed from my online accounts.
Thank you for this. It's so reassuring. I so much insisted on each payslip being stamped and signed that my husband and I argued severally over it. For someone on hourly pay and being paid weekly, it was a lot of payslips. Employer 1 gladly did everything he asked for but employer 2 stuck to their guns. The first letter they gave him was an email to print out. After so much pressure, they caved and gave him one on letterhead. However they insisted the online printout will suffice for the payslips. They are a huge recruitment agency. If they decide to start stamping individual payslips for each employee that needs it, I guess that's what they'll do all day. We had no choice but to submit without stamp and signature. You comment has reassured me a bit because I was actually worried
Old Apr 4th 2019, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OSJG
Thank you for this. It's so reassuring. I so much insisted on each payslip being stamped and signed that my husband and I argued severally over it. For someone on hourly pay and being paid weekly, it was a lot of payslips. Employer 1 gladly did everything he asked for but employer 2 stuck to their guns. The first letter they gave him was an email to print out. After so much pressure, they caved and gave him one on letterhead. However they insisted the online printout will suffice for the payslips. They are a huge recruitment agency. If they decide to start stamping individual payslips for each employee that needs it, I guess that's what they'll do all day. We had no choice but to submit without stamp and signature. You comment has reassured me a bit because I was actually worried
Better safe than sorry! I actually didn't have any payslips in my pack because I used cash savings & non-work income for my financial support. Which is maybe even more telling because my pack was almost 100% reliant on printed online bank statements for both finances & relationship evidence (as unmarried partners) and none were stamped & signed.