Proof of Relationship for Spouse Visa

Old Feb 24th 2017, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

MariaJon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of Relationship for Spouse Visa

I need an advice for this issue. We got married October 10,2012 and my English husband move to norway. January 18,2013 I join him in Norway and I was given a 5 years Residency sa a wife of British Citizen without any fee. My husband quit his job for some reason, but we decide to stay in Norway and we have some good friends to give us free accomodation and we use the money left and some money from his inheritance as well . Last year June 2016, He decide to go back to England for there is job offer for him, and I went back in the Philippines for a vacation and back to Norway and met him in France last month for a vacation as i cannot enter the UK border using my schengen visa. So now I am presently in the Philippines to process my Spouse visa as he is already working for 7 months in England, My question is...1.) Do i have to prove our relationship in Norway??? We stayed and live in Norway for about 3 years and 5 months OR Philippine Marriage Contract is enough to prove relationship ? 2.) Do I have to write a cover letter about our Love story? Help me for my concern.. I am confused.

Cheers,
Maria Jones

Last edited by MariaJon; Feb 24th 2017 at 12:17 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Relationship for Spouse Visa

So long as he meets the financial requirements of a job in the UK for minimum 6 months earning at least £18,600 per year then there should be no problem with previous living arrangements - you have been married for 4 years. HOWEVER as you are a Filipina , be aware that it will take a long time for a spouse visa as the Philippines is on the list of suspect countries for things like forged documents and so checking the submitted documents takes a long time.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The authorities are looking for a stable and genuine relationship.

Although you are married, you should provide evidence that you have a longstanding relationship; pictures of your wedding, pictures of events you have attended together as man and wife, documents which show joint agreements/tenancy/rentals.

Your cover letter should provide a brief history of your marriage in Norway, and his subsequent moving to the UK for his job.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The authorities are looking for a stable and genuine relationship.

Although you are married, you should provide evidence that you have a longstanding relationship; pictures of your wedding, pictures of events you have attended together as man and wife, documents which show joint agreements/tenancy/rentals.

Your cover letter should provide a brief history of your marriage in Norway, and his subsequent moving to the UK for his job.
no we got married in the Philippines, and not in norway,after 2 months of marriage i join him in norway and i was given 5 yrs residency, now we decide to move in england and he is presently working for 8 mos in england with good compensation and im here in the philippines to process my spouse visa to join me,,have wedding pictures. my concern is do i have to prove relationship in norway too?we live for over 3 years together
Old Feb 25th 2017, 7:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaJon
no we got married in the Philippines, and not in norway,after 2 months of marriage i join him in norway and i was given 5 yrs residency, now we decide to move in england and he is presently working for 8 mos in england with good compensation and im here in the philippines to process my spouse visa to join me,,have wedding pictures. my concern is do i have to prove relationship in norway too?we live for over 3 years together
Hello Maria. Do you have any documents/letters addressed to you and your husband at your Norway address? Official or government documents, bank statements, driver's licence, anything like that? Even if there are some documents/letters only addressed to your husband at that address, and other ones only addressed to you at that address, what they'll show is that you were both living there together.

The immigration case officer looking at your application will be looking for evidence that you have lived together for longer than the 2 months after you were first married in the Philippines. Have a good think and a search of all your documents, and maybe speak with your husband to see if he has any evidence that you lived together in Norway - he can send that to you and you can include it in your application.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

yes it is with me, our tax registration, my residence card when it was mailed to me and all our receipts for some his stuffs and my stuffs we ordered online and was delivered in our address, but all the invoice/receipts was 2013 to 2016, iwill send all of that? or can i submit like 2-3 invoices in every year?, will it be ok?

Our tax registration is in Norwegian writing do i have to translate this in English at the language translation agency? For the invoices before i print it the computer translated it in English right away, In norway they send your invoice to your email stating your delivery address and it is a proper invoice with the colored company logo.Hope it will not be a problem.

Thanks you..

Last edited by MariaJon; Mar 11th 2017 at 6:13 am.
Old Mar 11th 2017, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is with me, our tax registration, my residence card when it was mailed to me and all our receipts for some his stuffs and my stuffs we ordered online and was delivered in our address, but all the invoice/receipts was 2013 to 2016, iwill send all of that? or can i submit like 2-3 invoices in every year?, will it be ok?

Our tax registration is in Norwegian writing do i have to translate this in English at the language translation agency? For the invoices before i print it the computer translated it in English right away, In norway they send your invoice to your email stating your delivery address and it is a proper invoice with the colored company logo.Hope it will not be a problem.

Thanks you..
All documentation you submit must be translated into English.

You can just include 2 to three invoices per year to show relationship evidence.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
All documentation you submit must be translated into English.

You can just include 2 to three invoices per year to show relationship evidence.
Hi, i want to send one of the Invoice in Norway for you to see if it is acceptable, the details is in Norwegian but i have my name and address on the invoice, same as my husband invoices. We are going to submit 10-12 invoices in total(like 2-3 every year, so that is from year 2013-2016 to show our the same addresses listed.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 2:29 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

I need an advice for this issue. We got married October 10,2012 and my English husband move to norway. January 18,2013 I join him in Norway and I was given a 5 years Residency sa a wife of British Citizen without any fee. My husband quit his job for some reason, but we decide to stay in Norway and we have some good friends to give us free accomodation and we use the money left and some money from his inheritance as well . Last year June 2016, He decide to go back to England for there is job offer for him, and I went back in the Philippines for a vacation and back to Norway and met him in France last month for a vacation as i cannot enter the UK border using my schengen visa. So now I am presently in the Philippines to process my Spouse visa as he is already working for 7 months in England, My question is...1.) Do i have to prove our relationship in Norway??? We stayed and live in Norway for about 3 years and 5 months OR Philippine Marriage Contract is enough to prove relationship ? 2.) Do I have to write a cover letter about our Love story? Help me for my concern.. I am confused.

Cheers,
Maria Jones
1) You need to prove your relationship on the whole. From Norway - submit photos, flight boarding cards and eTickets, any bills you paid as well as translations of any relevant documents.
2) Both the sponsor and applicant should write a cover letter that outlines the relationship history, future intentions and a desire to live together as husband and wife.

The fact that you have a Schengen visa in your passport and residence card will help to prove that you and your husband lived in Norway together. But it needs to be accompanied by the flight tickets for both of you, photos of your time together in Norway as well as any other documentation to prove you lived there (Bills, tax documents etc.)

If I was you, I would submit the following for your relationship evidence:

• Cover letters (for applicant and sponsor)
  • Flight tickets and boarding cards (for applicant and sponsor)*
  • A selection of photos taken throughout the entirety of the relationship (named and dated)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Wedding Photos
  • Facebook/Skype/Whatsapp/Emails - a selection (several for every 6 month period of your relationship)
  • Your passport (needed anyway) - will show the Schengen Visa
  • Residence card from Norway
  • If possible - Any bills, shared accommodation evidence, letters from local authorities that prove residency in Norway will help (all translated if not in English)
  • 2-3 'invoices' for each year you spent in Norway
Optional:

• Greetings cards (Birthday, Valentines Day etc.)
  • Handwritten love letters
* Flight evidence should be from all flights that you and/or your husband made, including those for his visit(s) to the Philippines. Not just the visit to Norway.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marty90
1) You need to prove your relationship on the whole. From Norway - submit photos, flight boarding cards and eTickets, any bills you paid as well as translations of any relevant documents.
2) Both the sponsor and applicant should write a cover letter that outlines the relationship history, future intentions and a desire to live together as husband and wife.

The fact that you have a Schengen visa in your passport and residence card will help to prove that you and your husband lived in Norway together. But it needs to be accompanied by the flight tickets for both of you, photos of your time together in Norway as well as any other documentation to prove you lived there (Bills, tax documents etc.)

If I was you, I would submit the following for your relationship evidence:

• Cover letters (for applicant and sponsor)
  • Flight tickets and boarding cards (for applicant and sponsor)*
  • A selection of photos taken throughout the entirety of the relationship (named and dated)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Wedding Photos
  • Facebook/Skype/Whatsapp/Emails - a selection (several for every 6 month period of your relationship)
  • Your passport (needed anyway) - will show the Schengen Visa
  • Residence card from Norway
  • If possible - Any bills, shared accommodation evidence, letters from local authorities that prove residency in Norway will help (all translated if not in English)
  • 2-3 'invoices' for each year you spent in Norway
Optional:

• Greetings cards (Birthday, Valentines Day etc.)
  • Handwritten love letters
* Flight evidence should be from all flights that you and/or your husband made, including those for his visit(s) to the Philippines. Not just the visit to Norway.

Hope this helps.
Hi Marty NOw i am thinking to go in the UK as tourists and exit England jump to Oslo to submit my papers in Norway, it will take 10days for them to process, I will just take my English Exam here.. what do you think?waaaaa Oh God I have to translate our bills in English as well? it cost 50quit each ...
Old Mar 15th 2017, 9:02 am
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marty NOw i am thinking to go in the UK as tourists and exit England jump to Oslo to submit my papers in Norway, it will take 10days for them to process, I will just take my English Exam here.. what do you think?waaaaa Oh God I have to translate our bills in English as well? it cost 50quit each ...
You don't need to get them translated in Norway. Why don't you mail the documents to your husband for him to get them translated in the UK?

Entering the UK as a tourist is risky as you are likely to be declined a tourist visa. You will be a family visitor to your husband and the home office will see you as being unlikely to leave following your proposed stay.

Do your English test in the Philippines and send the documents to your husband for translation. That would be the easiest thing to do IMO.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marty90
You don't need to get them translated in Norway. Why don't you mail the documents to your husband for him to get them translated in the UK?

Entering the UK as a tourist is risky as you are likely to be declined a tourist visa. You will be a family visitor to your husband and the home office will see you as being unlikely to leave following your proposed stay.

Do your English test in the Philippines and send the documents to your husband for translation. That would be the easiest thing to do IMO.

UK Marriage visa (Family of a Settled Person Visa) tips | Workpermit.com Can you read this?

is it cheap to translate documents in the uk?
Old Mar 15th 2017, 10:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Maria, I'm worried that you're getting a bit confused and panicked, not a good way to be when you're applying for a visa as it may lead you to doing something unwise.

I'm not an expert in UK immigration, just a person who has applied for and been approved for a spouse visa. On that basis, I offer the following suggestions:

Forget about trying to enter the UK as a visitor, given your situation there are too many risks. If you are refused entry it will be a 'black mark' on your immigration history, which won't help when you apply for the correct visa (Family of a Settled Person visa/Spouse visa).

Sit down and relax, then gather together all the evidence you have that you and your husband have lived together, are married, have shared your lives, and are in a committed, stable relationship. Write down how the financial requirements for the visa will be met.

Start a new thread in this section of the British Expats forum. Take your time with writing it. Give a brief history of you and your husband's relationship, including periods of time you lived together and the times you lived apart. Then write a list of the evidence you have that shows all these things.

Ask the forum for suggestions about the suitability of your list. Are there too many items on it? Are you missing something vital? Pay particular attention to replies by Brit in Paris and SanDiegogirl - they know the UK immigration system inside out and their suggestions have helped many people.

For your own peace of mind, you can ask if there is another way for you to live in the UK permanently as the non-EU spouse of a British citizen, other than applying for a spouse visa in your home country. If the response is no, as I suspect it will be, then you need to put any ideas of doing it another way out of your mind.

I think you need to take this calm, orderly approach. Because you've been posting on other threads, you will very likely become confused with all the different advice. Take your time, write your new thread, and try to relax a little. If you meet all the requirements you will get your spouse visa. Best wishes to you.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 15th 2017 at 10:35 am.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Maria, I'm worried that you're getting a bit confused and panicked, not a good way to be when you're applying for a visa as it may lead you to doing something unwise.

I'm not an expert in UK immigration, just a person who has applied for and been approved for a spouse visa. On that basis, I offer the following suggestions:

Forget about trying to enter the UK as a visitor, given your situation there are too many risks. If you are refused entry it will be a 'black mark' on your immigration history, which won't help when you apply for the correct visa (Family of a Settled Person visa/Spouse visa).

Sit down and relax, then gather together all the evidence you have that you and your husband have lived together, are married, have shared your lives, and are in a committed, stable relationship. Write down how the financial requirements for the visa will be met.

Start a new thread in this section of the British Expats forum. Take your time with writing it. Give a brief history of you and your husband's relationship, including periods of time you lived together and the times you lived apart. Then write a list of the evidence you have that shows all these things.

Ask the forum for suggestions about the suitability of your list. Are there too many items on it? Are you missing something vital? Pay particular attention to replies by Brit in Paris and SanDiegogirl - they know the UK immigration system inside out and their suggestions have helped many people.

For your own peace of mind, you can ask if there is another way for you to live in the UK permanently as the non-EU spouse of a British citizen, other than applying for a spouse visa in your home country. If the response is no, as I suspect it will be, then you need to put any ideas of doing it another way out of your mind.

I think you need to take this calm, orderly approach. Because you've been posting on other threads, you will very likely become confused with all the different advice. Take your time, write your new thread, and try to relax a little. If you meet all the requirements you will get your spouse visa. Best wishes to you.

Thank you, You are right, I cant sleep and confused because I already applied EEA Family Permit way back November 2015, and I missed to include the evidence of proof of earnings, I thought the business permit is enough and because of a short period of time given to appeal, we did not make it plus we live far from Oslo, that is why iam panicking because I dont want to make it wrong this time.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 11:08 am
Concierge

Thank you, You are right, I cant sleep and confused because I already applied EEA Family Permit way back November 2015, and I missed to include the evidence of proof of earnings, I thought the business permit is enough and because of a short period of time given to appeal, we did not make it plus we live far from Oslo, that is why iam panicking because I dont want to make it wrong this time.
You poor love, if I lived closer to you I'd give you a big hug! Yes it's a very stressful time, and it's important to make a good application. There is a lot of good help on this forum - follow my suggestions above and keep all your information and questions in one thread, and pay good attention to what Brit in Paris and SanDiegogirl suggest.

Something else you and your husband might want to consider is getting a good, registered immigration agent to assist with your application. It doesn't have to be one in the Philippines, it could be one in the UK as most of the communication will be done online. You could ask the forum for recommendations - although a word of caution, do not accept or answer recommendations sent to you by private message on the forum. All suggestions and information should be posted openly and publically for all to see.

I know it's easy to say, but please do try to relax a little. If you look at the visa application as a job or task, and work through the issues carefully (and on the same thread!), then you're doing all you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.