Proof of income spousal visa

Old Apr 30th 2019, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of income spousal visa

Is an offer of employment enough for proof of income stating a salary over 18600 per annum? Or do you need to have worked there for 6 months as well?
any probationary periods like your standard 3 months cause any hiccups? Or is it just offer of a job.

thanks in advance

Last edited by wardy_1990; Apr 30th 2019 at 5:03 am.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of income spousal visa

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
Is an offer of employment enough for proof of income stating a salary over 18600 per annum? Or do you need to have worked there for 6 months as well?
any probationary periods like your standard 3 months cause any hiccups? Or is it just offer of a job.

thanks in advance
It depends on the circumstances. If the sponsor lives outside the UK and will be moving back with the applicant a job offer that pays at least £18600 and will commence with three months is ok. If the sponsor is in the UK then they actually need to have either worked in that employment for 6mths or if lesser duration, combine it with proof of 1yr previous employment. I think I'm right from all I have seen the seniors (BiP SoS Pulaski SDG etc) advice others. If I'm wrong I'll be corrected
Old Apr 30th 2019, 11:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You need a formal offer of employment in the UK starting within three months of your proposed return and have been working overseas for at least six months in order to meet the financial requirements via Category A. Both jobs require a minimum salary of £18,600 pa. No problems with probation periods; you don’t even need to take up the offer of employment after return to the UK - you just need to have the offer in place at the time of application.

If you’re already in the UK then you’ll need to work for six months in a job earning over £18,600 pa before you can apply.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so easiest for me would be to go back and get employment maybe about 3 months pay slips, combine that with my last 6 months payslips in Canada and have the wife apply from Canada to join me. Letter of employment will be difficult but getting a job won't be if that makes sense.
does it matter if there are gaps in my Canadian employment?
as I will leave Canada and have some tests to pass and wait for provisional licenses to come through before starting work again in the UK.
UK employment salary is 28800
Canadian salary is about 60000 cad for 8 months work.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so easiest for me would be to go back and get employment maybe about 3 months pay slips, combine that with my last 6 months payslips in Canada and have the wife apply from Canada to join me. Letter of employment will be difficult but getting a job won't be if that makes sense.
does it matter if there are gaps in my Canadian employment?
as I will leave Canada and have some tests to pass and wait for provisional licenses to come through before starting work again in the UK.
UK employment salary is 28800
Canadian salary is about 60000 cad for 8 months work.
I think you're muddling two distinct, different routes to sponsoring a spouse for a visa - EITHER you need six months of income in the UK evidenced by pay slips and bank statements,

OR you need to have a written job offer for a job in the UK at the £18,600 pay level AND a current job outside the UK, which has provided sufficient income in the last six months - meaning aggregate income during six months, not that you have worked all those six months, so if you had a job paying £37,200, but only had that for three of the last six months then you would meet the criteria,
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I think you're muddling two distinct, different routes to sponsoring a spouse for a visa - EITHER you need six months of income in the UK evidenced by pay slips and bank statements,

OR you need to have a written job offer for a job in the UK at the £18,600 pay level AND a current job outside the UK, which has provided sufficient income in the last six months - meaning aggregate income during six months, not that you have worked all those six months, so if you had a job paying £37,200, but only had that for three of the last six months then you would meet the criteria,

There is a third option:

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

The sponsor returns to the UK, gets a job earning 18,600 GBP per annum and after two to three months applies for the visa using his current salary and proof that within the immediate 12 months prior to the application he/she also earned 18,600 GBP or above. OVERSEAS earnings can be used in this category. The OP says he is currently earning approx 60K in Canada so this option could work for him.

Read 5.3 in the following document:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ent-ext_1_.pdf

Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
There is a third option:

5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

The sponsor returns to the UK, gets a job earning 18,600 GBP per annum and after two to three months applies for the visa using his current salary and proof that within the immediate 12 months prior to the application he/she also earned 18,600 GBP or above. OVERSEAS earnings can be used in this category. The OP says he is currently earning approx 60K in Canada so this option could work for him.

Read 5.3 in the following document:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ent-ext_1_.pdf
Thank you. I stand corrected.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apologies your right I am muddling it up.

so my work and job offer or we all go back wife comes on visitor visa I get work and accrue 6 months pay slips then she applies. Meaning we would be a part for probably 3 months as it could take me that long to get employed. (Land 3 months obtaining license, I work for 3 months, her time of 6 months as a visitor is up she returns, I earn another 3 months and she applies)
she won't be coming back to work, our child is still a baby and we hope to try for another.
I really hope I can find a job offer
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies your right I am muddling it up.

so my work and job offer or we all go back wife comes on visitor visa I get work and accrue 6 months pay slips then she applies. Meaning we would be a part for probably 3 months as it could take me that long to get employed. (Land 3 months obtaining license, I work for 3 months, her time of 6 months as a visitor is up she returns, I earn another 3 months and she applies)
she won't be coming back to work, our child is still a baby and we hope to try for another.
I really hope I can find a job offer

.... or you do option 3.....
Old Apr 30th 2019, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok so option 3, does it matter that my Canadian wage is not salary (it's hourly) as long as I can prove with wage slips the past 12months I earnt over 18600.
if so we will do that, I'll return get a job get 3 month wage slips UK then provide bank statements and wage slips for 12 months in Canada showing I earnt 18600.
is it ok if a month of two are low pay checks but say 8 months are stinking good pay checks

cheers
Old May 1st 2019, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok so option 3, does it matter that my Canadian wage is not salary (it's hourly) as long as I can prove with wage slips the past 12months I earnt over 18600.
if so we will do that, I'll return get a job get 3 month wage slips UK then provide bank statements and wage slips for 12 months in Canada showing I earnt 18600.
is it ok if a month of two are low pay checks but say 8 months are stinking good pay checks

cheers

The criteria for Cat B 5.3 is that you show you have earned 18,600 GBP in the 12 months prior to applications. It does not state salaried, non salaried, hourly etc, just that your payslips etc show you have earned the necessary minimum amount.
Old May 1st 2019, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

You have all been a great help.
this forum is worth to me more in my tax payers money that most of the staff at the home office who create these spiders webs or admin.