British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   processing time after appeal is allowed what happens next (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/processing-time-after-appeal-allowed-what-happens-next-915290/)

kamran786 Jul 25th 2018 12:24 am

processing time after appeal is allowed what happens next

hi!
my spouse visa was refused because of my poor immigration history. first tier court allowed my appeal. i received court’s determination on 22nd june 2018. i wonder how long will UKVI take for them to write me
email/letter so i can submit my passport for the visa to be stamped. please share your knowledge and experience. is there anyway to contact ukvi. paid contact center and MP have not been much help. thanks

SanDiegogirl Jul 25th 2018 1:00 am

Re: processing time after appeal is allowed what happens next

Originally Posted by kamran786 (Post 12538061)
hi!
my spouse visa application ( from outside uk) was refused because of my poor immigration history. first tier court allowed my appeal. i received court’s determination on 22nd june 2018. i wonder how long will UKVI take for them to write me
email/letter so i can submit my passport for the visa to be stamped. please share your knowledge and experience. is there anyway to contact ukvi. paid contact center and MP have not been much help. thanks

[/QUOTE]
Posting twice in 8 minutes won't get you a response any sooner - patience.

kamran786 Jul 25th 2018 12:20 pm

Posting twice in 8 minutes won't get you a response any sooner - patience.[/QUOTE]
😄. sorry that was an accident i was half as sleep. i know i have to be patient

BritInParis Jul 29th 2018 12:00 am

Are you in or outside the UK?

kamran786 Jul 30th 2018 7:57 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12540145)
Are you in or outside the UK?

outside

BritInParis Jul 30th 2018 10:23 am

Unfortunately it can take a very long time. I would expect a wait of at least three months.

kamran786 Jul 30th 2018 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12540713)
Unfortunately it can take a very long time. I would expect a wait of at least three months.

i had court hearing on 22nd may 2018, received court decision on 22nd june. Where does “three months” period starts from? Is it after receiving court’s determination letter?

BritInParis Jul 30th 2018 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by kamran786 (Post 12541012)
i had court hearing on 22nd may 2018, received court decision on 22nd june. Where does “three months” period starts from? Is it after receiving court’s determination letter?

From the date of the appeal court decision.

kamran786 Jul 31st 2018 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12541023)
From the date of the appeal court decision.

thank you very much for your time. You have been great help. Wish ukvi could be as help too but they dont see the himan factor they just work as machines

christmasoompa Jul 31st 2018 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by kamran786 (Post 12541450)

thank you very much for your time. You have been great help. Wish ukvi could be as help too but they dont see the himan factor they just work as machines

That's not correct, they can use their discretion, but of course they're following rules and making sure applications adhere to those rules - fair enough really!

kamran786 Aug 1st 2018 7:48 am

Number of successful appeals shows that they are incompetent. They advised me to submit my application from outside UK. Its been almost two years since i am away from my wife and could only spend a couple of weeks with my daughter when she came to visit me. I was not with my wife when she had our daughter, i missed my only child’s first birthday. She is one year old and communicates with me through her mother’s phone and she acts like that phone is her father. I am not in favour of compromising national security and i believe in effective border control but case workers seems like missing common sense. In my refusal letter they were contradicting their own statemnets. On hearing day, their solicitor appeared so apologetic. They did not have nothing to back their decision. They do not impliment law properly. first tier tribunal mentioned it too. They have discretion but they hardly use it for applicant and her/his family’s favour. Paid contact centres are waste of time and money. This emotional
trauma is only understood by the ones who go
through this. The whole process could be more swift and productive, without compromising anything. But it appears like home office is punshing you for something you dont even know

christmasoompa Aug 1st 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by kamran786 (Post 12541630)
But it appears like home office is punshing you for something you dont even know

I'm sorry to hear that, but you've said yourself that you have a 'poor immigration history', so presumably they're scrutinising your applications much more due to that.

kamran786 Aug 2nd 2018 6:15 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12541722)
I'm sorry to hear that, but you've said yourself that you have a 'poor immigration history', so presumably they're scrutinising your applications much more due to that.

Probably. I overstayed.
Thank you for your reply. This forum is very helpful.