British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Priority Visa Refund? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/priority-visa-refund-935663/)

Redsoxfan Nov 10th 2020 7:11 pm

Priority Visa Refund?

It’s been 28 WD for my spouse visa and still haven’t heard anything from UKVI. VFS seems to make a false statement when they advertise “they put your application first in line” <snip> I am in a forum where applicants who did their biometrics after me and already got decisions.

My question is, can I get a refund on priority if they don’t give the decision within that 30 WD??? I know they use Covid as an excuse but why offer priority service if it’s not guaranteed??? And why others are being granted first???

I am fuming!!! I called them every week and still “reviewing” the application???

If anyone here who successfully processed a refund due to delays of their visa decisions, please share your experience.

Thanks!

christmasoompa Nov 10th 2020 7:22 pm

Re: Priority Visa Refund?

I thought priority service was 30 working days? So you’re still under that.

No point in comparing your case to others though, there will be many variables. It doesn’t matter if somebody applied after you if their application is more straightforward, or they’re from a different country.

Hope you hear soon, good luck.

SanDiegogirl Nov 10th 2020 7:53 pm

Reading you earlier posts it appears to made an earlier application and had to cancell that (waiting for refund) and you have been somewhat nervous about the type of savings accounts you have shown in your application.

Your application might not be straightforward?

Redsoxfan Nov 10th 2020 8:24 pm

Christmasoompa I apologise for how I delivered, what I meant was, vfs advertises they put your application first in line, you made it clearer to me what they meant by it. Thank you.

Sandiegogirl, yes, I had to cancel my application as it was not letting me book a biometric unless I paid for premium service from vfs. You think these are the factors why it’s taking this long? I haven’t received any emails stating it hasn’t been straightforward.

If we still haven’t received a decision after 30WD, would we be able to get a refund for priority? We spent more than 13k for our applications to reunite as a family and with this pandemic you all understand how hard to come up with that. We could’ve just gone non priority if we knew this.

Always thankful for your help.

SanDiegogirl Nov 10th 2020 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12934230)
Christmasoompa I apologise for how I delivered, what I meant was, vfs advertises they put your application first in line, you made it clearer to me what they meant by it. Thank you.

Sandiegogirl, yes, I had to cancel my application as it was not letting me book a biometric unless I paid for premium service from vfs. You think these are the factors why it’s taking this long? I haven’t received any emails stating it hasn’t been straightforward.

If we still haven’t received a decision after 30WD, would we be able to get a refund for priority? We spent more than 13k for our applications to reunite as a family and with this pandemic you all understand how hard to come up with that. We could’ve just gone non priority if we knew this.

Always thankful for your help.

In the past, if I remember correctly, some folks did get a refund for priority service which they did not receive. However, in this day of Covid, and with the authorities stating regular service is not guaranteed (not even priority) I would suggest you try but not hold your breath.... :(

christmasoompa Nov 11th 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12934230)
Christmasoompa I apologise for how I delivered, what I meant was, vfs advertises they put your application first in line, you made it clearer to me what they meant by it.

It's no problem at all, but you have to remember that your application still is ahead of non-priority applications, so it is in the front of the line. The line may just not be moving as fast as it once was, but you'll still be ahead of others behind you.

Redsoxfan Nov 21st 2020 11:55 pm

On 35WD now and still no correspondence. Aren’t they suppose to email to explain what’s causing the delay? There’s no non-straightforward email just to pay IHS for dependents a month ago. We called and emailed this week, they just said “under review” and gave us escalation reference. How normal is this? How do we know we are being processed as priority as I forgot to write priority on the ups envelope. I did include a receipt though with our papers.

SanDiegogirl Nov 22nd 2020 12:42 am

Nothing is normal at the moment - all timlines have gone out of the window.

You applied in early October? From the US? Surprised there was even a priority service being offere don't think there is one if you apply in the UK

christmasoompa Nov 22nd 2020 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12938293)
On 35WD now and still no correspondence. Aren’t they suppose to email to explain what’s causing the delay? There’s no non-straightforward email just to pay IHS for dependents a month ago. We called and emailed this week, they just said “under review” and gave us escalation reference. How normal is this? How do we know we are being processed as priority as I forgot to write priority on the ups envelope. I did include a receipt though with our papers.

They may not have seen the receipt yet if you didn't write priority on the envelope - it could still be sitting in a pile of non-priority applications waiting to be opened.

Redsoxfan Nov 30th 2020 11:19 am

So I have received my visa. Total of 35WD. Now, on the 33rd WD, I called for escalation and advised to get in touch with vfs in regards to priority application. I emailed VFS Global the same day explaining I paid for priority and according to the home office email, if there will be a delay in the 6-week process, that they will email and explain why. Weekend went by then came Monday, 35WD received an email from sheffield regarding escalation that it’s in process and also received an email from VFS apologising for the delay. Afternoon, came and viola! Visa processed and at door early the next day. I looked to my papers and STANDARD was crossed out and sharpied with PV guess that’s priority visa.. What’s the chance of claiming a refund? It’s 3 applications. Should I just brush it off? No documents asked, no non straightforward email.

christmasoompa Nov 30th 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12941259)
So I have received my visa. Total of 35WD. Now, on the 33rd WD, I called for escalation and advised to get in touch with vfs in regards to priority application. I emailed VFS Global the same day explaining I paid for priority and according to the home office email, if there will be a delay in the 6-week process, that they will email and explain why. Weekend went by then came Monday, 35WD received an email from sheffield regarding escalation that it’s in process and also received an email from VFS apologising for the delay. Afternoon, came and viola! Visa processed and at door early the next day. I looked to my papers and STANDARD was crossed out and sharpied with PV guess that’s priority visa.. What’s the chance of claiming a refund? It’s 3 applications. Should I just brush it off? No documents asked, no non straightforward email.

I would certainly try for a refund, but in all honesty I think the reason it was crossed out was because you didn't write priority on the front and back of the envelope as instructed, so they didn't realise it was a priority app until you emailed. So they will probably say tough luck, but give it a go as you may just get lucky.

Congrats on the visa btw. :thumbsup:

Redsoxfan Dec 3rd 2020 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12941263)
I would certainly try for a refund, but in all honesty I think the reason it was crossed out was because you didn't write priority on the front and back of the envelope as instructed, so they didn't realise it was a priority app until you emailed. So they will probably say tough luck, but give it a go as you may just get lucky.

Congrats on the visa btw. :thumbsup:

Thank you christmasoompa for helping out with queries as always! Now, what steps should we take in claiming a refund? Is there a subforum here? TIA!

spouse of scouse Dec 4th 2020 1:25 am

These might help.

VFS Global - Request a refund
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/request-a-refund

UK Home Office - Refunds policy guidance
https://assets.publishing.service.go...cy-v2.0ext.pdf