Priority service - why taking so long

Old Sep 14th 2016, 10:56 am
Just Joined

mfix7em2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Priority service - why taking so long

Hi there,

My wife is applying to join me back in the uk from America and sent the application with documents to Sheffield to be approved.

It arrived there last Thursday and, having paid for the priority service, we thought that her flight booked for two weeks after that would be fine.

Well six days later and they've still not even emailed us to acknowledge receipt - despite UPS having informed us that it's there.

Does it usually take this long? We really need them to hurry but hopefully it will be a quick decision.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 12:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority service - why taking so long

Originally Posted by mfix7em2
Hi there,

My wife is applying to join me back in the uk from America and sent the application with documents to Sheffield to be approved.

It arrived there last Thursday and, having paid for the priority service, we thought that her flight booked for two weeks after that would be fine.

Well six days later and they've still not even emailed us to acknowledge receipt - despite UPS having informed us that it's there.

Does it usually take this long? We really need them to hurry but hopefully it will be a quick decision.
Are there guidelines on how long it takes? For Australia they state 10 working days (ie doesn't include weekends or holidays), and that's exactly how long it took.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 12:05 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You've booked her flight without the paperwork? In my world that would be a recipe for disaster. It's too easy for there to be delays in post/application etc. Hope it comes through in time.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 4:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully it won't be this long

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...meline-883332/
Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Paying for the priority service just bumps you to the front of the queue to processed. It doesn't mean that your visa will be granted any quicker or that any checks that need to be carried out will take less time. Also the more people pay for the priority service, the slower it will be. You may need to change your wife's booking if it gets much closer to the scheduled departure date.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

DFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Priority service - why taking so long

Hi there, any news on your application? Where in America did your wife apply from? We are about to go through the same thing.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

In another forum one of the applicants has set up a priority service chart (from US applicants) showing times from when documents are received and when decisions are made.

Currently its running at around 26 working days. Which is not too far from what is anticipated. Non priority applications can take up to 12 weeks to process, and priority usually take between 4 to 6 weeks.

Why did you think it would take only 2 weeks. (10 working days)?
Old Sep 21st 2016, 11:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the OP will be returning.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

DFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
In another forum one of the applicants has set up a priority service chart (from US applicants) showing times from when documents are received and when decisions are made.

Currently its running at around 26 working days. Which is not too far from what is anticipated. Non priority applications can take up to 12 weeks to process, and priority usually take between 4 to 6 weeks.

Why did you think it would take only 2 weeks. (10 working days)?
Hi...Would you be able to put up the link here to the other forum you mentioned please? It sounds useful and I can't find (other than this) anything else up-to-date from the searches I have done.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DFreeze
Hi...Would you be able to put up the link here to the other forum you mentioned please? It sounds useful and I can't find (other than this) anything else up-to-date from the searches I have done.
Oooooo er.......... don't think linking to other forums is allowed ???
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:05 pm
Concierge

If you get sent down for it SDG, I'll send you one of my sponge cakes. There won't be a file in it, because you could smash your way out of Sing Sing with one of my sponges.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you get sent down for it SDG, I'll send you one of my sponge cakes. There won't be a file in it, because you could smash your way out of Sing Sing with one of my sponges.
Oh thank you...... I have not had a decent sponge cake in years.......
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 9:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

mfix7em2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

So after 15 working days the scumbags eventually sent us an email saying they've received it and it will be put top of the pile

How long do they usually take to consider? my wife is supposed to start work in London on Monday
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:24 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So after 15 working days the scumbags eventually sent us an email saying they've received it and it will be put top of the pile

How long do they usually take to consider? my wife is supposed to start work in London on Monday
She might be a late, just tell them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.