Previous Travel Outside of Home Country

Old Dec 9th 2017, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Previous Travel Outside of Home Country

Hi everyone,

I'm at present applying for a UK settlement visa (Spouse).

Whilst completing the online application form there is a section for previous travel outside of home country and it asks you to list the dates of travel, country you visited, and reason for visiting. I have counted through my visa stamps in my current and previous passport and I have travelled outside of my country 87 times in the past 8 years. Do I really have to list them all? You can only fill them in one by one and once you have reached 10 you need to move to the next section of the application and then move back to the previous dates of travel section in order for the form to regenerate 1 more space for a date! This will take forever and seems a little overboard to me.

I'm thinking of filling in the first 10 dates and then just making a note of it in the 'additional information' section at the end of the application stating that I have travelled many times and that all visa stamps can be seen in my passports supplied.

What do you think?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all
Default Re: Previous Travel Outside of Home Country

Originally Posted by Invisible
Hi everyone,

I'm at present applying for a UK settlement visa (Spouse).

Whilst completing the online application form there is a section for previous travel outside of home country and it asks you to list the dates of travel, country you visited, and reason for visiting. I have counted through my visa stamps in my current and previous passport and I have travelled outside of my country 87 times in the past 8 years. Do I really have to list them all? You can only fill them in one by one and once you have reached 10 you need to move to the next section of the application and then move back to the previous dates of travel section in order for the form to regenerate 1 more space for a date! This will take forever and seems a little overboard to me.

I'm thinking of filling in the first 10 dates and then just making a note of it in the 'additional information' section at the end of the application stating that I have travelled many times and that all visa stamps can be seen in my passports supplied.

What do you think?
Had same issue - we just filled in those first ten and then left it at that, didn't write any additional note.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

^Thank you. If you don't mind me asking I assume that you're application was successful?

Are there any other forum members who have had this issue?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2017, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Invisible;12396834]^Thank you. If you don't mind me asking I assume that you're application was successful?/QUOTE]

Yes, it was.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

^Great, I don't think there should be any issue over this as all the information is there it's not like trying to hide something. Just me being possibly a little overzealous with my quest for the perfect application.

Thanks again for your input.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Home Office miughgt be speciually interestd if you were deported from.or refused entry to any country
Old Dec 10th 2017, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
I think the Home Office miughgt be speciually interestd if you were deported from.or refused entry to any country
I'm sure they would be. I was just trying to find out what others have done when in the same situation as it seems listing all 87 trips would be ridiculous and given that you can only list 10 trips before you have to keep saving the form and then going back to that page just to add one more trip then do it again. It would take several hours just do fill out that question!
Old Dec 10th 2017, 12:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

How many different countries did you visit in those 87 trips?
Old Dec 10th 2017, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
How many different countries did you visit in those 87 trips?
Six countries all on the same continent, some for recreational ie scuba diving and climbing but mostly are single day or 2 day trips for business.

*Edit. I actually have a number of weeks where I have 4 single day trips in and out of the same country returning to my home country to sleep and then returning to the other country the following day as my business as a purchaser is done very close to the border. All the visits are stamped in my passport though.

Last edited by Invisible; Dec 10th 2017 at 12:17 pm.