Previous residence in the UK

Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Paul M B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Previous residence in the UK

The process for moving back home is finally beginning to start now so I am trying to think of all scenarios that I may need to be aware of in regards to my Wife's visa application. We had previously lived in the UK before all these tight restrictions and she had a spousal visa that was renewed once. A family emergency resulted in us leaving the UK for the U.S. and her visa eventually expired. I'm not expecting it to somehow make the application easier but I'm wondering if it will have any effect on the application process at all?
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Previous residence in the UK

If your wife's spouse visa has expired then it's back to the beginning again and she will be treated as a new applicant. If she held ILR in the UK then that too will expire after a two year absence although in exceptional circumstances you may be able to obtain a Returning Resident visa.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

I'd have to look at what her visa was. We were there for three years before we had to move to the U.S. Thats good news in a way though. I was a little worried it might have a negative effect.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul M B
I'd have to look at what her visa was. We were there for three years before we had to move to the U.S. Thats good news in a way though. I was a little worried it might have a negative effect.
How long ago did you leave the UK? We were in a similar position in that my husband had ILR in the good old days when it was easy and quick! However, we had to leave as he could not get work and we realized we would find it hard to survive financially. When we applied last year for the spousal visa, we explained why we could not remain here on the previous occasion. We were granted the visa.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
How long ago did you leave the UK? We were in a similar position in that my husband had ILR in the good old days when it was easy and quick! However, we had to leave as he could not get work and we realized we would find it hard to survive financially. When we applied last year for the spousal visa, we explained why we could not remain here on the previous occasion. We were granted the visa.
We left five years ago now. My wife actually left first and we were apart for a year before I joined her. it was an absolute emergency. Because I had a job it was up in the air if she would come back here or I'd join her. Eventually we decided on there.