Pregnant girlfriend citizen by descent

Old Jan 3rd 2019, 2:24 pm
Ruf
Just Joined

Ruf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant girlfriend citizen by descent

Hello
im a brit by descent
I recently applied and received my 1st British passport a month ago.
Im based in Nigeria
my nigerian girl friend is 2 months pregnant and from my understanding my child wont be british if not born on british soil.
im considering she applies for a visitors visa for her to be able to have my child in the UK because i want my child to be British
is there a way i can indicate her intentions so she wont be denied a visa.
I dont have plans on moving to the uk for atleast the next 5yrs.
Please help with whatever advice you can
thanks.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant girlfriend citizen by descent

Originally Posted by Ruf
Hello
im a brit by descent
Im based in Nigeria
my nigerian girl friend is 2 months pregnant and from my understanding my child wont be british if not born on british soil.
im considering she applies for a visitors visa for her to be able to have my child in the UK because i want my child to be British
thanks.
Unless you can prove you can pay for birth in a private hospital and have the documentation to show you have booked your girlfriend into such, you won't get a visa. Your girlfriend is not eligible to use the NHS.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 4:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruf
Hello
im a brit by descent
Im based in Nigeria
thanks.
Congratulations on your impending son/daughter. The only thing you need to do on a visa application is tell the truth, ie your girlfriend would need to state that she's entering the UK to give birth. As she's not eligible for free treatment under the NHS, she/you would need to pay all medical and hospital costs, including any necessary tests, pre and post natal care, cost of the delivery etc. Someone with more knowledge than I will no doubt be along to discuss what evidence your girlfriend would need to provide to demonstrate that she has the necessary funds, has made arrangements for private treatment, and that she will return to Nigeria after having the baby.
Old Jan 7th 2019, 5:59 pm
Ruf
Just Joined

Ruf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the swift responses
will there be a place on the form to indicate shes coming to have my child?
what document of mine can I provide to facilitate it?
she just completed university and doesn’t have a job yet.
Im also considering her having the child in Northern Ireland so that my child will be entitled to an Irish citizenship for future freedom around the EU
any ideas on how much the full delivery in a private NI hospital or clinic might cost
so we can work towards it fast
and any other ideas y’all might chip in
thanks.