Pregnancy spouse visa questions!

Old Dec 3rd 2018, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnancy spouse visa questions!

Hi everybody, I’m currently living in the US with my US born husband and ourtwo-year-old daughter. We are wanting to move back to England, where I am from.

We have just started the cash savings route with transferring the money into a bank account and leaving it there for six months until we apply for his visa which should take 3 months?
Whilst doing this we have just found out that I am pregnant and this has made us a little confused!I am wondering if I would be able to move back to England with our daughter in six months and have our baby in England. My husband with then join us when his spouse visa comes through, but would also like to be in England when I have the baby.
my question is, Is it an option for us to be separated, with me in England with our daughter and my husband in the US until the visa comes through Or do I need to be in the US with him and we all move over together?

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 7:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnancy spouse visa questions!

Being separated is not a problem.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Being separated is not a problem.
So when you say being separated won't be a problem does this mean that:
- My husband can remain in the US while I am in the UK for a few months in the lead up to having the baby?
- My husband can visit me in the UK in the lead up to having the baby?
- Me being in the UK won't jeopardize our spouse visa application?
- Would I have to fly back to the US to be with him when we officially move or can I just go ahead of him by a few months?
- I'm not sure if this has an bearing in anything, but I wouldn't start working until after the baby is born and he is settled in the UK with me. We are also using cash savings for financial requirement for the spouse visa.

Thanks for your time!
Old Dec 4th 2018, 10:07 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

- Yes.
- He can.
- It won’t.
- You can stay put.
- Not a problem.