Pre-Settled Status

Old Jun 15th 2021, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Ingrid_Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre-Settled Status

Good Morning, I am hoping to get some assistance. I moved to the UK in September 2019 from South-Africa on a EEA family visa (my son is Norwegian). I was given a residency card that expires on 30 June 2021, I do however have pre-settled status too which expires on 24 May 2025. Do I need to get a new Biometric Residency card and if so how do I do this? According to my pre-settled status I am allowed to be in the country, but should I wish to travel (which will be on my South African passport I have no actual visa). I have tried searching and cannot find information on what to do. Please does anyone know what I need to do. Many thanks
Old Jun 15th 2021, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-Settled Status

What documentation have you received which proves your pre-settled status to 2025.?
Old Jun 15th 2021, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Ingrid_Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What documentation have you received which proves your pre-settled status to 2025.?
You get a letter and then it’s all done via the number on your Biometric residency card or passport number online. If you need to prove your right to reside at the bank, NHS or for work you get a code that can be supplied to check your status.
Old Jun 15th 2021, 11:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen with pre-settled status you should currently have a BRP to confirm this. Is that the case? What type of BRP you currently hold? If it expires on 30 June 2021 then I’m guessing ‘Family member of a Union citizen’? How do you know you have pre-settled status?

Last edited by BritInParis; Jun 15th 2021 at 11:06 pm.