Pre setteld status- booking an appointment

Old Aug 28th 2019, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Shiransalem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pre setteld status- booking an appointment

Hi guys! I'm trying to book my appointment after submitting my pss application, all the appointments cost between 60£ to 200£? Isn't it suppose to be free?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre setteld status- booking an appointment

Originally Posted by Shiransalem
Hi guys! I'm trying to book my appointment after submitting my pss application, all the appointments cost between 60£ to 200£? Isn't it suppose to be free?
the following page mentions a fee for documentation scanning ....

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/what-youll-need-to-apply

Old Aug 28th 2019, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

I forgot to mention that at the moment I'm in the UK on EEA family permit, my husband is an eu citizen and just got his settled status. So I have to book an appointment for my biomerics, all the people I spoke with that that apply as family members for pss did it for free. For some reason it cost money now
Old Aug 28th 2019, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention that at the moment I'm in the UK on EEA family permit, my husband is an eu citizen and just got his settled status. So I have to book an appointment for my biomerics, all the people I spoke with that that apply as family members for pss did it for free. For some reason it cost money now
Not according to the website:

Fees

It’s free to apply to the scheme.

Old Aug 28th 2019, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

I know what the word FEES means. Thank you. And I know the application is free. The appointments and used to be for free too, and I'm trying to understand why and what changed since May when my friends applied for free and didn't pay fees for booking an appointment
Old Aug 28th 2019, 9:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which website are you using to apply?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know what the word FEES means. Thank you. And I know the application is free. The appointments and used to be for free too, and I'm trying to understand why and what changed since May when my friends applied for free and didn't pay fees for booking an appointment
Snippy..... I copied the paragraph from the website and the paragraph heading is in capitals and bolded........
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Gov.uk leads me to ukvcas.co.uk
all the appointments in 5 different locations I've checked costs between 60£ to 125£, in London it goes up to 260£
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Gov.uk leads me to ukvcas.co.uk
all the appointments in 5 different locations I've checked costs between 60£ to 125£, in London it goes up to 260£
There are also free appointments. You may just have to pick a slot a few weeks in advance.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There are also free appointments. You may just have to pick a slot a few weeks in advance.
It does'nt show beyond September 10th 😕
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:03 pm

It does'nt show beyond September 10th � ����
Only the core service points offer free appointments. Southampton isn’t one. Croydon or Birmingham would be your nearest locations but by the time you’ve paid for the train or petrol then you might as well get a £60 appointment locally. New slots are released daily so try again in the morning.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Only the core service points offer free appointments. Southampton isn’t one. Croydon or Birmingham would be your nearest locations but by the time you’ve paid for the train or petrol then you might as well get a £60 appointment locally. New slots are released daily so try again in the morning.
Thank you I understand now. It is definitely better to pay and do it here. Thank you very much for your help 😊
Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How do these 'other' locations justify charging fees, if the website states it is free to apply for the scheme?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
How do these 'other' locations justify charging fees, if the website states it is free to apply for the scheme?
Because they are operated by a third party service provider. You’re paying for the convenience of applying locally rather than travelling to a Home Office centre as you had to do previously. Those remain free of charge. My girlfriend has the choice to pay for a slot nearer us the day after submission of her ILR application for £100 or wait two weeks and apply for free in Croydon. Having just coughed up £3200 in HO fees we chose the latter. It’s worth noting the biometrics appointment is only for non-EU family members who have not previously held a BRP. EU citizens can just apply online.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.