British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Posted application - forgot a document! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/posted-application-forgot-document-913910/)

fiend Jun 13th 2018 6:21 pm

Posted application - forgot a document!

My wife and I posted our spouse visa application today, from within the UK, to Sheffield.

When we got back from the post office we realised we forgot to include the " Declaration for spouses, civil partners, proposed civil partners, fiancé(e)s, and unmarried partners" document.

Does anyone know if its possible to send this tomorrow to be added to our application?

PhilFromTheFuture Jun 14th 2018 12:56 am

Re: Posted application - forgot a document!

Not an important document to include. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Didntoi include a copy of the sponsors UK passport?

fiend Jun 14th 2018 7:51 am

Originally Posted by PhilFromTheFuture (Post 12515633)
Not an important document to include. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Didntoi include a copy of the sponsors UK passport?

We sent the sponsors actual U.K. passport. We didn’t send a copy.

fiend Jun 14th 2018 7:57 am

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...0d5646df58.png
This is the document we forgot to include. Are you sure it’s not important?

PhilFromTheFuture Jun 14th 2018 8:53 am

Originally Posted by fiend (Post 12515744)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...0d5646df58.png
This is the document we forgot to include. Are you sure it’s not important?

A copy of the passport would have been enough, but as you sent the actual passport instead, I wouldn't worry at all about that declaration. It's not needed.

fiend Aug 10th 2018 3:57 pm

UPDATE:

Our application was approved and we have received the spouse visa.

We also received back all our supporting documents. This included the documents that we had sent at a later date (after we submitted our application). We sent the missing documents to two different address both were received by the Home Office and added to our application, then returned to us with the rest of our documentation.

YES, you can send documents after the application has been submitted.

IsItSconOrScone Aug 10th 2018 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by fiend (Post 12546352)
UPDATE:

Our application was approved and we have received the spouse visa.

We also received back all our supporting documents. This included the documents that we had sent at a later date (after we submitted our application). We sent the missing documents to two different address both were received by the Home Office and added to our application, then returned to us with the rest of our documentation.

YES, you can send documents after the application has been submitted.

Congrats! So do you apply in June and just hear back?

fiend Aug 10th 2018 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by IsItSconOrScone (Post 12546365)
Congrats! So do you apply in June and just hear back?

Yes, we applied 13th June 2018 and received the visa approved letter and documents on Wednesday this week (8th August 2018).

The biometric residence permit arrived the following day. Took pretty much 8 weeks from submitting.

BritInParis Aug 10th 2018 6:56 pm

You can send them and have them returned; whether they will be considered as part of your application doesn’t necessarily follow.

fiend Aug 10th 2018 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12546422)
You can send them and have them returned; whether they will be considered as part of your application doesn’t necessarily follow.

I couldnt find anywhere that stated any documents/evidence sent after the application would not be considered. Where did you get that information from?

There actually isn't any information or guidance on what to do if you have forgotten to include any evidence.

My documents must of ended up with the caseworker as they were returned with my application.

BritInParis Aug 11th 2018 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by fiend (Post 12546423)
I couldnt find anywhere that stated any documents/evidence sent after the application would not be considered. Where did you get that information from?

There actually isn't any information or guidance on what to do if you have forgotten to include any evidence.

My documents must of ended up with the caseworker as they were returned with my application.

Any evidence must be dated before your application submission date. With certain documents this won’t matter but with others, particularly financial documents, it will. Caseworkers will sometimes request missing documents but if they don’t think it will make a material difference to an applicant’s eligibility then they will simply refuse the application. I’ve no doubt that the documents you sent after submission ended up with your application but whether your caseworker actually considered them or not as part of your application is another matter. They may have already made their decision or decided that the documents were not relevant. I would suggest it’s the latter in your case.