Possible ARD application

Old Jun 8th 2024, 12:44 am
Just Joined

kyousea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible ARD application

Hello!

I am just starting my research on of it is possible to apply for British citizenship using the ARD. From what I have seen I think I might be eligible from the 1948 and 1981 BNAs, but wanted to make sure I was on the right track before going down a rabbit hole! Below I have put years and locations of birth, if anyone has a similar circumstance and has been successful your advice would be appreciated.

Me - 1954 USA

Father - 1925 USA
Mother - 1924 Australia
Married - 1945 USA

Maternal Grandmother - 1884 UK
Maternal Grandfather - 1886 UK
Married - 1911 UK

Last edited by kyousea; Jun 8th 2024 at 2:39 am.
Old Jun 9th 2024, 12:38 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible ARD application

Based on that information, you qualify.
Old Jun 9th 2024, 2:00 am
Just Joined

kyousea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Based on that information, you qualify.
Ah amazing! I was getting a bit confused if my mum being Australian would complicate it a bit so that puts my mind at ease. Thank you 😊
Old Jun 9th 2024, 8:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kyousea
Ah amazing! I was getting a bit confused if my mum being Australian would complicate it a bit so that puts my mind at ease. Thank you 😊
Your mother would’ve been born a British subject but would’ve automatically become a Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (CUKC) by descent on 1 January 1949 with the commencement of BNA 1948 due to her father’s birth in the United Kingdom.

Had British women been able to pass on their citizenship in the same way as men at the time of your birth in the United States in 1952 then she would’ve been able to register your birth with the British consulate to make you a CUKC by descent.

This would’ve meant that you automatically become a British citizen by descent on 1 January 1983 with the commencement of BNA 1981 under S.11 as you were a CUKC with Right of Abode in the UK under S.2(1)(b)(ii) of the Immigration Act 1971 (UK-born grandparent).

Last edited by BritInParis; Jun 9th 2024 at 9:08 pm.