Polygamy or not - Confused

Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Imasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Polygamy or not - Confused

Thank you all for such a wonderful help . You all are STARS and i got my answer ..

Apologies for this as i am slow in understanding One last question i do have with me
As UK rules deny anyone getting married to polygamy marriage which means if a husband is already married but from country which allows Polygamy YET wife cannot spouse her husband as this is against the rule no matter from which country the other person is .
Old Feb 12th 2016, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imasha
Thank you all for such a wonderful help . You all are STARS and i got my answer ..

Apologies for this as i am slow in understanding One last question i do have with me
As UK rules deny anyone getting married to polygamy marriage which means if a husband is already married but from country which allows Polygamy YET wife cannot spouse her husband as this is against the rule no matter from which country the other person is .
I'm not sure how much more clearly we can state this .

Your 2nd (polygamous) marriage (to the UK citizen) is not recognized by the UK immigration authorities.

It does not matter whether the marriage is recognized/legal in your home country/the country in which it took place.

Does that help??
Old Feb 12th 2016, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Imasha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You

Glad i got all clear and Glad i have nothing left in my mind

Thank You all for your time and efforts

Have a great Weekends
Old Feb 12th 2016, 2:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I'm not sure how much more clearly we can state this .

Your 2nd (polygamous) marriage (to the UK citizen) is not recognized by the UK immigration authorities. ....
And because you were already married when you married a second time, the UK has never and will never recognize your second marriage.

The only way to straighten things out is to divorce your first wife, and after the divorce is final/absolute, (re)marry your second wife. Then, for your visa application, you will need a copy of the divorce document that predates the date on your marriage certificate.