UK CITIZENSHIP

Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:29 am
Just Joined

munda84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK CITIZENSHIP

Hi Guys,

I will like to ask you few questions.

1) My wife who is an EU national and my self from ( non eu country) married on 19 December 2006.
2) My wife is working full time and we both applied for PR and got it in 22nd FEB 2012.
3) Now we are filling AN form but we are bit confused so need your advice please.

4) Question- Please state on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last six years. Continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary.

Shall I ( non EU ) leave it blank or shall I just write that I was dependent on my EU Partner who was exercising her rights by doing full time work. OR shall I tell them about my work?

We both are married for 6 years? Shall I apply now to be a BC or shall we both wait till 22/02/13?

It's mentioned that

2.4 – 2.6 If you are a national of a member state of the EEA, or the family member of an
EEA national, and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom you
should complete these sections. Please refer to section 6 of the Booklet AN for further
guidance.

We both have PR so shall we NOT fill this section?

Also please tell us which documents we will send in either of the case.

Many thanks in advance
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:50 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default Re: UK CITIZENSHIP

Originally Posted by munda84
Hi Guys,

I will like to ask you few questions.

1) My wife who is an EU national and my self from ( non eu country) married on 19 December 2006.
2) My wife is working full time and we both applied for PR and got it in 22nd FEB 2012.
3) Now we are filling AN form but we are bit confused so need your advice please.

4) Question- Please state on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last six years. Continue on a separate sheet of paper if necessary.

Shall I ( non EU ) leave it blank or shall I just write that I was dependent on my EU Partner who was exercising her rights by doing full time work. OR shall I tell them about my work?

We both are married for 6 years? Shall I apply now to be a BC or shall we both wait till 22/02/13?

It's mentioned that

2.4 – 2.6 If you are a national of a member state of the EEA, or the family member of an
EEA national, and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom you
should complete these sections. Please refer to section 6 of the Booklet AN for further
guidance.

We both have PR so shall we NOT fill this section?

Also please tell us which documents we will send in either of the case.

Many thanks in advance

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
A specific link to a specific part of the homeoffice site, that actually addresses the questions asked might be more helpfull
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

munda84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Panhandle thanks for the reply but it's not answering anything.

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:48 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Munda, are you both applying for British naturalization? If so, I think you each fill out a separate application but I believe you need to submit (post) both applications together in the same envelope for a "joint" application (which has a lower fee) for a couple applying together. Look at page 2 of the AN Guidance here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ty/form_an.pdf

Are you looking at the correct application? I don't see the section you quote on the AN application. I DO see section 2.4 which says this:

2.4 If you are an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national, please complete the following section,
showing on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last 6 years. This is so we can see whether you were
exercising your Treaty Rights for a continuous period and have acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ty/form_an.pdf

2.5 and 2.6 would seem to apply to your and your spouse's situation too. You each fill out your own answers on a separate application, then send them together with both of your documents in the same envelope.

Last edited by WEBlue; Jan 16th 2013 at 1:53 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:19 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
A specific link to a specific part of the homeoffice site, that actually addresses the questions asked might be more helpfull
Well its a good place to start!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well its a good place to start!
I know, but that's what BE is for. If all we did was post links all the time we wouldn't have any discussions
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:54 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by Sue
I know, but that's what BE is for. If all we did was post links all the time we wouldn't have any discussions
Ive notice, that since the rule change regarding spouse settlement applications, there has been an increase in postings regarding help and advice on this subject.
Im convinced in many cases professional help should be sort, looking at all the different variations and various appendix Im like the OP am totally confused on how some questions need to be answered.

Good Idea to give this topic its own space, will make it much easier to search back on previous advice.