Please kindly help me

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Paul O is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please kindly help me

Good day,
My name is Solomon from Nigeria, I just discovered this platform today. I was born by a British father, my dad has been a British citizen since 1950 but I was born outside the u.k, Nigeria. Have been trying to get my first British passport since last year, my first application was cancelled cos I didn't submit my supporting document on time. Now that I want to reapply I found out that my dad's naturalisation certificate has been laminated, I tried removing it but i couldn't. Am really confus I will need an advice from people here and I will be happy if u can help me thanks.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please kindly help me

You can get a copy of his naturalisation certificate and use that. Home Office ? UK High Commission in Abuja ?

https://www.immigrationdirect.co.uk/...ertificate.jsp
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:33 am
Just Joined

The certificate is with me but the problem is the document is laminated and from what I heard from a friend that the home office don't acknowledge laminated document. Also the last time I went to U.k British commission in Lagos I was told all entries on British passport should be sent to the home office in Durham.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul O
The certificate is with me but the problem is the document is laminated and from what I heard from a friend that the home office don't acknowledge laminated document. Also the last time I went to U.k British commission in Lagos I was told all entries on British passport should be sent to the home office in Durham.
What you need is a copy of his naturalisation certificate, which should be available from the UK Home Office, get this and then send of your application with the copy.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:41 am
Just Joined

i have the original certificate with me, but the problem is that my dad laminated it. Can I use it even if is laminated cos a friend told me they don't accept laminated document?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

i have the original certificate with me, but the problem is that my dad laminated it. Can I use it even if is laminated cos a friend told me they don't accept laminated document?
If you are unsure then why not get a copy from the Home Office, then you do not have to worry
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:55 am
Just Joined

please how do I get a copy? Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 10:56 am
Concierge

please how do I get a copy? Thanks
Try starting here..

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/home-office
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 11:30 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your father was naturalised as a British citizen (Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies) in 1950 then the Home Office will not hold a record of his naturalisation. Did your father naturalise in the UK or Nigeria? What is your father's full name?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 11:59 am
Just Joined

my father was naturalise in the u.k. The date issued on the certificate is December 14 1971 and the reference num is L145900. His name is Ayodele Olayinka Lana. Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

my father was naturalise in the u.k. The date issued on the certificate is December 14 1971 and the reference num is L145900. His name is Ayodele Olayinka Lana. Thanks
Thank you however I'm having trouble finding a record of your father. Can you confirm whether his certificate is for naturalisation or registration? Were you born after 1971?
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

This is what is written on the document.
British Nationality Act 1948
Confirmation Of Registration As A Citizen Of The United Kingdom And Colonies.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Yes I was born after 1971. My date of birth is 13-10-1984. Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:44 pm

This is what is written on the document.
British Nationality Act 1948
Confirmation Of Registration As A Citizen Of The United Kingdom And Colonies.
Yes I was born after 1971. My date of birth is 13-10-1984. Thanks
Okay, so your father was registered as a British citizen (CUKC), not naturalised. You'll first need to contact the National Archives and ask them to conduct a search for your father's registration certificate.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...hip-1949-1986/
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Have done the search and they found it. What will I do next? Can I forward to the national archive from Nigeria cos the document is with me? Or I should send it bk to my dad to forward it to the national archive? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.