Please help! Regarding self-employment

Old Apr 8th 2018, 10:49 am
Just Joined

hkuk2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! Regarding self-employment

Hello everyone, I would like to ask if I can apply a spouse visa this month because my husband is a self-employed and he built the house of his brother-in-law in Ireland but he live there since 2016 while building the house then he went back in the UK last Nov 1 2017 then he visited me here in HK because I'm going to give birth and stayed here until nov30 then he start to work in UK right after. When can I apply for my spouse visa? Do I need to wait for 6mos before applying? Please help...
Old Apr 8th 2018, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Please help! Regarding self-employment

Forgot to mention he's brother-inlaw paid him in pounds.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 11:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I'm aware, to meet the financial requirements as self-employed he would need at least 12 months of documentation, including his business accounts, proof of tax paid and bank statements.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 1:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Has your husband been employed or self-employed in the UK since 30 November?
Old Apr 8th 2018, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As far as I'm aware, to meet the financial requirements as self-employed he would need at least 12 months of documentation, including his business accounts, proof of tax paid and bank statements.
Correct..... 12 months of evidence of company establishment with all necessary tax, HRMC, and accounting documentation.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hkuk2017
Hello everyone, I would like to ask if I can apply a spouse visa this month because my husband is a self-employed and he built the house of his brother-in-law in Ireland but he live there since 2016 while building the house then he went back in the UK last Nov 1 2017 then he visited me here in HK because I'm going to give birth and stayed here until nov30 then he start to work in UK right after. When can I apply for my spouse visa? Do I need to wait for 6mos before applying? Please help...
Have you consider using your cash savings to meet the UK spouse visa's financial requirement? You will need at lease £62,500 (can be in other currencies - AFAIK the exchange rate on your date of application applies) worth of cash savings held for 6 months to qualify.

Also some notes which I hope may help in other areas -

1) Do you have British National (Overseas) status? If you do, I would suggest that you apply for your UK spouse visa using your BN(O) passport. BN(O) passport holders are classed as Commonwealth citizen and therefore entitled to register to vote in all UK elections. Being on the electoral roll helps you to build up your own credit history in the UK.

2) You can open an UK bank account in Hong Kong before moving over to the UK. HSBC offers this service. Please see link below for details -

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/personal/hsb...s-account.html

3) If you holds a Hong Kong driving licence by passing a driving test in Hong Kong, you can exchange your Hong Kong driving licence to an UK one without test.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Has your husband been employed or self-employed in the UK since 30 November?
Thank you for the reply.
He's been a self-employed since nov 30. Can I still apply for the visa now? Just need to show the proper documentation of taxes etc in 12mos?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply.
He's been a self-employed since nov 30. Can I still apply for the visa now? Just need to show the proper documentation of taxes etc in 12mos?
You’ll need to wait until at least December before you can apply if you intend to use your husband’s self-employment to meet the financial requirements.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply.
How can you apply for the visa now? You have to present 12 months of self employment evidence WITH your application to prove he can support you.

As BIP says, the earliest you can apply is December 2018 when you have all th documentation.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’ll need to wait until at least December before you can apply if you intend to use your husband’s self-employment to meet the financial requirements.
Ohh no that's a long wait for us to be together � ����
If we use the cash savings, can I apply this month?
Old Apr 9th 2018, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you have held the cash savings for 6 months under your control, then yes.
Old Apr 9th 2018, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

The 6 months rule will only be waived if the money comes from the sale of your home.