Please help me to find a right visa type for my daughter

Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:57 am
Just Joined

yagmur7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me to find a right visa type for my daughter

Hi everyone,
I am married with a British citizen and I will apply for a visa type: Settlement visa and subtype: Wife. But I will also put my 8 years old daughter from my ex husband as my dependant. Me and my daughter will apply at the same time. But when I checked the visa types for her, I couldn't find a suitable one for her. When I pick 'child or other dependant of settled person', it says that I need to fill vaf4a1. but the form says its for 'child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner'. That doesn't feel right for our situation.
Also I have another question. Do I need to fill appendix 2 for my daugher too? And who needs to be her sponsor? Can my new husband be a sponsor for her too?
My last question is, when I apply for visa, should I pick 'apply for someone else' category for my daughter?

Thank you so much. I would be so happy if anyone can help me.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me to find a right visa type for my daughter

It’s Settlement>Child you want and Appendix 2 if your family is currently outside the UK. You would use Appendix 1 if you and your husband were already in the UK and your daughter was moving independently to the UK.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s Settlement>Child you want and Appendix 2 if your family is currently outside the UK. You would use Appendix 1 if you and your husband were already in the UK and your daughter was moving independently to the UK.
Thank you so much for your help. Do you know can my new husband be a sponsor for her too?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yagmur7
Thank you so much for your help. Do you know can my new husband be a sponsor for her too?
yes you’re husband will be her sponsor aswell, and bare in mind that you have to do 2 separate application One for you and one for you’re daughter
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

He can. What is the situation with your daughter’s biological father?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markgrant

yes you’re husband will be her sponsor aswell, and bare in mind that you have to do 2 separate application One for you and one for you’re daughter
Thank you. Can I ask you one more question? do I also need to fill two appendix 2 forms for me and for my daughter seperately? It confused me because the questions on appendix 2 looks like its mostly for spouse. Its asking how you met or when with yous sponsor etc. I don't know which parts should I fill for my daughter.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

He can. What is the situation with your daughter’s biological father?
We got divorced last year and he is still alive. I also have the full custody. I only know i need to get a permission letter from him. Do you think do I need more from my ex husband?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Can I ask you one more question? do I also need to fill two appendix 2 forms for me and for my daughter seperately? It confused me because the questions on appendix 2 looks like its mostly for spouse. Its asking how you met or when with yous sponsor etc. I don't know which parts should I fill for my daughter.
appendix 2 for you and appendix 1 for your daughter
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:58 pm

We got divorced last year and he is still alive. I also have the full custody. I only know i need to get a permission letter from him. Do you think do I need more from my ex husband?
That should suffice.

It’s Appendix 2 for both.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 7:53 am
Just Joined

That should suffice.

It’s Appendix 2 for both.
Thank you so much. Yeah I thought it shouldn't be appendix 1 because it says its for 'the child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner.' But the thing i didn't quite understand is on appendix 2, do I need to fill all the parts for my daughter too. Some people says only part 4. Do you know any information about that? Thank you again
Old Jun 15th 2018, 12:07 am

Thank you so much. Yeah I thought it shouldn't be appendix 1 because it says its for 'the child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner.' But the thing i didn't quite understand is on appendix 2, do I need to fill all the parts for my daughter too. Some people says only part 4. Do you know any information about that? Thank you again
Complete as much as you can. Some questions won't be relevant and often it will tell you skip certain sections depending on your circumstances.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with Markgrant.
For my case : Appendix 2 for applicant (myself), Appendix 1 for my son from previous marriage.
Wife is sponsor
Thats how my son and I got ours!

From all previous cases, for dependent child, some used Appendix 2, some used Appendix 1......

anyway, i chose to use Appendix 1 for my son cos my local OSIC supervisor advised us to follow whatever the prompt message tells you to.

And thats how we got ours!!

Good luck!!
Old Jun 18th 2018, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much
Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
Agree with Markgrant.
For my case : Appendix 2 for applicant (myself), Appendix 1 for my son from previous marriage.
Wife is sponsor
Thats how my son and I got ours!

From all previous cases, for dependent child, some used Appendix 2, some used Appendix 1......

anyway, i chose to use Appendix 1 for my son cos my local OSIC supervisor advised us to follow whatever the prompt message tells you to.

And thats how we got ours!!

Good luck!!
Like Form SU07/12 it’ll just be ignored by your ECO if it’s not required.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Form SU07/12 it’ll just be ignored by your ECO if it’s not required.
yep, I didn't bother to fill in that too!