British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Please help confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/please-help-confusion-refusal-decision-husband-short-stay-visit-visa-914687/)

Jenbarkouk Jul 7th 2018 10:37 am

Please help confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa

Hi I am a British citizen currently living with my palestinian husband in Lebanon (5 years married). We applied for my husband to go to the uk with me in august for 10 days to attend my brothers wedding and to return in december for 20 days to be present when I give birth to our first baby. We stated that all accomodation costs are covered by my family and we will be staying in my family home. Therefore, my husband is only responsible for his travel costs and other leisure costs.

We estimated he would need £2700 for these trips, however the ECO has refused based on disbelief that my husband has sufficent funds to cover the trip although more than enough is stated in his bank account statements. We also mentioned he has 2 jobs, one as general manager of pizza hut and one is a family electricity business earning an extra $600 cash in hand. The ECO does not believe he will leave UK at the end of his stay although i declared i would be travelling there and back to Lebanon with him and he has work commitments and home rent agreement.

In addition, I think the ECO has got his application mixed up with another applicants because they say my husband intends to visit for manchester Ikim film festival and is staying 1 month and 2 weeks, both of which are untrue and not mentioned in our application. My husband is thinking to apply again before I go to give birth in the UK, just wondering what we can do right this time.

If anyone could give any guidance on what we can do next I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Pollyana Jul 7th 2018 12:23 pm

Re: Please help confusion on refusal decision for husband short stay visit visa

Originally Posted by Jenbarkouk (Post 12528772)
Hi I am a British citizen currently living with my palestinian husband in Lebanon (5 years married). We applied for my husband to go to the uk with me in august for 10 days to attend my brothers wedding and to return in december for 20 days to be present when I give birth to our first baby. We stated that all accomodation costs are covered by my family and we will be staying in my family home. Therefore, my husband is only responsible for his travel costs and other leisure costs. We estimated he would need £2700 for these trips, however the ECO has refused based on disbelief that my husband has sufficent funds to cover the trip although more than enough is stated in his bank account statements. We also mentioned he has 2 jobs, one as general manager of pizza hut and one is a family electricity business earning an extra $600 cash in hand. The ECO does not believe he will leave UK at the end of his stay although i declared i would be travelling there and back to Lebanon with him and he has work commitments and home rent agreement. In addition, I think the ECO has got his application mixed up with another applicants because they say my husband intends to visit for manchester Ikim film festival and is staying 1 month and 2 weeks, both of which are untrue and not mentioned in our application. My husband is thinking to apply again before I go to give birth in the UK, just wondering what we can do right this time.
If anyone could give any guidance on what we can do next I would be very grateful.
Many thanks

I'm thinking that maybe there is a red flag because of the fact you are proposing to give birth in the UK, and you want your husband to be there for the birth. They may not be convinced that you will all leave again afterwards - what if there were complications, for instance?

Jenbarkouk Jul 7th 2018 1:21 pm

Thank you for your message. I suppose they do think that way although we included in our application our reasons and commitments for living in Lebanon so it is not our intentions to stay any longer. They don't necessarily give any concern to my rights to give birth in my home country with my family and husband present and it is a fathers right to be there at the birth. Im not sure they're even aware he was intending to come for a wedding and birth because they said he applied for a film festival. Completely different from our application.

spouse of scouse Jul 8th 2018 9:25 am

Hi I am a British citizen currently living with my palestinian husband in Lebanon (5 years married). We applied for my husband to go to the uk with me in august for 10 days to attend my brothers wedding and to return in december for 20 days to be present when I give birth to our first baby. We stated that all accomodation costs are covered by my family and we will be staying in my family home. Therefore, my husband is only responsible for his travel costs and other leisure costs.

We estimated he would need £2700 for these trips, however the ECO has refused based on disbelief that my husband has sufficent funds to cover the trip although more than enough is stated in his bank account statements. We also mentioned he has 2 jobs, one as general manager of pizza hut and one is a family electricity business earning an extra $600 cash in hand. The ECO does not believe he will leave UK at the end of his stay although i declared i would be travelling there and back to Lebanon with him and he has work commitments and home rent agreement.
Did your husband provide evidence of his jobs, eg employment contract, tax records, letter from employer? Did he provide a copy of his home rental contract? It's not enough to just declare these things, you must provide the evidence to back up what you're stating.
In addition, I think the ECO has got his application mixed up with another applicants because they say my husband intends to visit for manchester Ikim film festival and is staying 1 month and 2 weeks, both of which are untrue and not mentioned in our application. My husband is thinking to apply again before I go to give birth in the UK, just wondering what we can do right this time.

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Jenbarkouk (Post 12528821)
Thank you for your message. I suppose they do think that way although we included in our application our reasons and commitments for living in Lebanon so it is not our intentions to stay any longer. They don't necessarily give any concern to my rights to give birth in my home country with my family and husband present and it is a fathers right to be there at the birth. Im not sure they're even aware he was intending to come for a wedding and birth because they said he applied for a film festival. Completely different from our application.
As mentioned above, just stating your intentions isn't sufficient, you need to provide evidence to back that up.
It does sound as though your application was mixed up with another, which is a shame and should not have happened.
Regarding your comment about rights - you most definitely do have the right to live in a country of which you are a citizen. You need to be living in the UK to use hospital services such as maternity - living overseas and just coming back to use the NHS and then going home again is not permitted. I'm afraid that your husband doesn't have a 'right' to be in the UK without the correct visa, no matter what the reason for his visit is
. Although I can understand you wanting to give birth in the UK, you do have the choice of giving birth in Lebanon which would enable your husband to be present.

I'd advise that if your husband is going to apply again, make sure that everything he states in the application is backed up by documented evidence. Best of luck for the visa and the birth of your little one.

BritInParis Jul 8th 2018 10:38 pm

Many thanks

Sounds like someone has been copying and pasting. Were you given the opportunity to appeal the decision?