Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Planning to move back to the UK with my spouse - very confused!

Planning to move back to the UK with my spouse - very confused!

Old Dec 31st 2018, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

JakBeeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Planning to move back to the UK with my spouse - very confused!

Hi all! Firstly, so happy to have discovered this forum - everyone seems really helpful and knowledgeable! I have been doing a lot of research with regards to spouse visas, and I think I have my head wrapped around it but I just wanted to get some clarification on a few points - I hope you can help

Some background - I am a UK citizen, have been living and working abroad for the last c.7 years. I am recently married, to a spouse who is a non-EU citizen. We have been recently discussing moving back to the UK, mainly for family reasons.

I currently work for a multinational company, so my current idea preference is to transfer my role over the London office. I understand that I need to provide evidence that I have been earning above 18.500pa for the past six months in addition to evidence that the salary I will be earning in the UK will be equal or greater to that amount - is this correct? In regards to providing historical salary evidence (pay slips, tax reports etc.) I have these in the local language - I am guessing I would need these translated into English and signed by a notary?

If I don't succeed in transferring my role within my current company I plan on seeking alternative employment in the UK. I don't really like the idea of being separated from my spouse for six months - can they enter on a visitor's visa and then leave the UK in say 5 months time after I have found new employment and apply from there closer to the six month deadline? Am I going to have problems at immigration when returning to the UK to live and work whilst my spouse is on a tourist visa?

And finally, I am thinking about investing in an immigration lawyer to take care of the paperwork for us - is this recommended? I am feeling that it would be worth the investment, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 31st 2018, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to move back to the UK with my spouse - very confused!

1. How many payslips you need to present depends on which category you apply under (Cat A or B) Read the following document carefully to see under which you qualify

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

Yes, you need to be earning 18,600 GBP in the UK

Yes, you need to translate everything

2. The applicant can enter the UK as a visitor (it has been done many times, but there is always the possibility to be denied entry by the border official if they have any suspicions as to the applicant leaving the country at end of visit - so evidence of leaving is necessary).

3. Up to you as to whether you get a lawyer or not. Many people have not and have had successful applications, some have and their applications have failed. Really down to getting a good immigration lawyer and how complicated your application is.