British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Physical/Mental Condition question on Appendix 2 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/physical-mental-condition-question-appendix-2-a-851924/)

celeliza Feb 2nd 2015 7:06 am

Physical/Mental Condition question on Appendix 2

Hi,

I'm left with a final question on the Appendix 2 form as part of the spouse visa application for my husband.

Has anyone has answered YES to the following question:

1.26 Do you, or your sponsor, have any physical or mental condition(s) which currently requires personal care or medical assistance at home, or have learning difficulties? Put a cross{x} in the relevant box - YES/NO - If 'Yes' please give full details

Husband has had a head injury and he gets fatigue/headaches. He currently getting home help assisting with housework duties in our home. A lady comes over 2 days a week for 2 hours while I am at work.

I am now worried if UKBA may refuse the spouse visa because he has a condition??? Would hubby be a burden to the UK system or does anyone know why they are asking this question in the application?

Thanks,
Claire

Vadio Feb 8th 2015 9:42 am

Re: Physical/Mental Condition question on Appendix 2

You won't be refused if you meet all other requirements (principally the financial requirement which you, the sponsor, must meet).

Answer the question honestly; if you don't, you may find you have an issue down the road when you apply for FLR.

michali Feb 8th 2015 5:23 pm

I think the question is probably included so that should you not meet the other requirements, he could be considered under the adult dependant category. I may be entirely wrong but I see no other reason. As Vadio says, you will not be refused because of his physical or mental condition and it is very important to be honest.

celeliza Feb 10th 2015 6:56 am

OK thanks for the feedback - I was really panicking there!! I'll be honest on the form.

I have a job offer to go to in the UK and currently working in NZ so I have met the financial requirements so it should be fine I guess.

By the way, with me being a sponsor, would I need to fill in the whole Appendix 2 form myself?

Vadio Feb 10th 2015 7:29 am

Appendix 2 is still part of the application that is submitted by the spouse; just more detail regarding the sponsor.

Make sure the job offer is verifiable; you need a letter from the firm and you may need a contract - not totally sure about that, but someone will jump in to confirm.

celeliza Feb 10th 2015 7:51 am

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 11561119)
4. In respect of a job offer in the UK (for an applicant's partner or parent's partner returning to salaried employment in the UK at paragraphs E-ECP.3.2.(a) and E-ECC.2.2.(a) of Appendix FM) a letter from the employer must be provided:

(a) confirming the job offer, the gross annual salary and the starting date of the employment which must be within 3 months of the applicant's partner's return to the UK; or

(b) enclosing a signed contract of employment, which must have a starting date within 3 months of the applicant's partner's return to the UK.

I have a copy of a signed letter by me and the employer on a letterhead. The above requirement is to either show a copy of a letter or a contract of employment. So, I have the letter ready.

michali Feb 10th 2015 8:06 am

Well, they do say 'or' but if you have both, I would send it. It should be the original document rather than a copy.

celeliza Feb 10th 2015 8:10 am

Originally Posted by michali (Post 11561131)
Well, they do say 'or' but if you have both, I would send it. It should be the original document rather than a copy.

Yes, I have 2 copies of the original letter - signed by the employer and myself.

Vadio Feb 10th 2015 8:38 am

'Belts and braces' - the more/better the proof, the less scrutiny! :-)

Foffion Feb 16th 2015 5:32 pm

Hell no! Did you answer yes? They only want able to work and/or rich people in the UK. I should have definitely answered yes to this question for my husband, I answered no. I am not going to tell them that he will not be able to work in a few years.

michali Feb 16th 2015 6:00 pm

I cannot agree with that! Honesty is the best policy! My husband will never work here as we are retired and we got the spousal visa. I would never advise someone to lie on the application form.

Foffion Feb 16th 2015 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by michali (Post 11567176)
I cannot agree with that! Honesty is the best policy! My husband will never work here as we are retired and we got the spousal visa. I would never advise someone to lie on the application form.

You are right but... they couldn't care less about my husband's disease so why should I even bother to tell them?

celeliza Feb 16th 2015 7:13 pm

We plan to tick 'YES' and briefly say that he has a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) but he is fully capable. If anyone meets him for the first time, you wouldn't think he has a head injury. He is not like a vegetable state or in a wheelchair.

Foffion Feb 16th 2015 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 11567247)
We plan to tick 'YES' and briefly say that he has a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) but he is fully capable. If anyone meets him for the first time, you wouldn't think he has a head injury. He is not like a vegetable state or in a wheelchair.

I need to apologise, sorry, I didn't read your post carefully. I answered no because my husband doesn't need any assistance (yet) because of his disease. If your husband is getting some help of course you are doing the right thing in answering yes. I don't think they consider him a burden to society, they just look at how much money you have and if you have accommodation.

celeliza Feb 23rd 2015 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if you can get Supported Living through the NHS? Or would that not be eligible for people who are on Spouse visas?