Phillipine sailor - proof of earnings

Old Jun 21st 2018, 9:00 am
Just Joined

slopeyvilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phillipine sailor - proof of earnings

Good morning,
My daughter is a uk national and has been working at sea for the last seven years. Her husband is a Filipino national. She married her husband in the Philippines in April of this year. They had been in a steady relationship for six years prior to the wedding. Both my daughter and her husband have been employed by the same shipping company for over seven, their contracts are generally four months on and two months off (both hold junior officer rank), this can change due to crew change and staffing issues so that some times they may be at sea for up to six months (rarely). They have already applied for a UK visa for her husband but it failed due to the fact that they could not evidence their continuous income/employment. They did provide bank statements and a covering letter from their employer explaining the nature of their contracts/employment etc. I thought that what they provided was more than sufficient to evidence their case but it would seem not.
I would be very much obliged if anybody can assist with advice.
Thank you
Old Jun 21st 2018, 9:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phillipine sailor - proof of earnings

Hi, welcome to BE.

As you seem to be asking about a visa for the UK, I'll move your thread to the right place, where you'll get some great advice.

From what I've read though, a lot more is needed to evidence employment, including payslips etc, so I think they just didn't read the requirements carefully enough. Hopefully if they reapply with the required docs next time, all will be ok, but our lovely forum pros will be able to advise on the exact documents needed for a spousal application.

Best of luck to them.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slopeyvilla
Good morning,
My daughter is a uk national and has been working at sea for the last seven years. Her husband is a Filipino national. She married her husband in the Philippines in April of this year. They had been in a steady relationship for six years prior to the wedding. Both my daughter and her husband have been employed by the same shipping company for over seven, their contracts are generally four months on and two months off (both hold junior officer rank), this can change due to crew change and staffing issues so that some times they may be at sea for up to six months (rarely). They have already applied for a UK visa for her husband but it failed due to the fact that they could not evidence their continuous income/employment. They did provide bank statements and a covering letter from their employer explaining the nature of their contracts/employment etc. I thought that what they provided was more than sufficient to evidence their case but it would seem not.
I would be very much obliged if anybody can assist with advice.
Thank you
Are they not paying taxes.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to provide payslips and bank statements to show the deposits; and your payslips must prove that the Brit sponsor earns 18,600 GBP per annum.

As they have been working for same company for over 7 years, presume there is a specific period when the new contract (for the next assignment) would be issued.

Personally, I would have made the application when I had my next contract all signed up and all the payslips and bank statements to prove I had earned 18,600 GBP in the immediate 12 months prior to the application.

Not sure what you present for accommodation proof, as presumably they both live on the ship for most of the year?
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 5:44 am
Just Joined

slopeyvilla is an unknown quantity at this point

SanDiegogirl, thank you very much for your suggestion re when to apply for the Visa. You may well have a good point there ie apply when the new contract is signed etc, that may well make all the difference. Its the earnings bit that is the stumbling block for sure.

Thanks again
Slopeyvilla
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 12:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There is a list of specified evidence that needs to be provided in order to meet the financial requirements through salaried employment which includes payslips and corresponding bank statements. If they are not provided then the application will be refused.