Peition for right to a family life

Old May 17th 2014, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peition for right to a family life

Originally Posted by Vexcore
The Hospitals in 'china' are awful like a piss poor allyway but sh!t happens... i learned to live with it and protected my wife....

Worried about hospitals is the least of his worries no doubt.....

It was what he listed as one of his two worries, on his other thread. The other worry was whether his child would be British if they were born outside the UK. He has been told that his child will still be British.
Old May 17th 2014, 5:26 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Then why all the worry? 'if the child will be british'

Then no problem at all.... jesus
Old May 17th 2014, 5:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable, the pair of you!
Old May 17th 2014, 5:42 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Unbelievable, the pair of you!
'The pair' ? i think you need to check my previous posts... 'im taken no side's' and forumla is out of order for the posts... but i'm just getting the 'jist' of that guys problem... no harm is there?

Unbelievable you say? meh then i say you need to 'open your eyes'

Unbelievable you
Old May 18th 2014, 12:45 am
Just Joined

gordon_matt is an unknown quantity at this point

@formula, seriously? Why do you insist that I am continuing to complain about anything? Did you just choose to completely ignore what I said in my previous post? This thread started with a link to a petition, that's all. You wrongly assumed it was my petition and proceeded to assume I was trying to complain... any comments that came from me after that were merely replies to you.. I had no intention whatsoever of any complaints.. I would appreciate it if you would go back and read from the top again and try to see this before carrying on falsely accusing me of just wanting to moan about my situation.
Old May 18th 2014, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Originally Posted by formula
As for the EU, lets see what the results are on Thursday.
What is happening on Thursday?
Old May 18th 2014, 12:50 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaoclive
What is happening on Thursday?
http://www.bbc.com/news/events/vote2014
Old May 18th 2014, 1:02 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordon_matt
@formula, seriously? Why do you insist that I am continuing to complain about anything? Did you just choose to completely ignore what I said in my previous post? This thread started with a link to a petition, that's all. You wrongly assumed it was my petition and proceeded to assume I was trying to complain... any comments that came from me after that were merely replies to you.. I had no intention whatsoever of any complaints.. I would appreciate it if you would go back and read from the top again and try to see this before carrying on falsely accusing me of just wanting to moan about my situation.
Try not to let her get to you. She's not going after you personally. Well........she is at the moment. But that's just because you said you don't meet the financial requirements for the new rules. And because you have a baby on the way. She does this to anyone who isn't loaded with dosh and wants to come back to the UK. She's a "taxpayer" who wants protected from immigrants who only come to the UK for benefits. Basically, she doesn't want the NHS paying for the birth of your child.

Do what englishguy said earlier. Don't let comments like hers keep you from posting here. There are others who can help. And others who understand. And probably more importantly, don't let the anti-immigrant rhetoric keep you from your dream of coming back to the UK. Don't let them wear you down.

Last edited by rebeccajo; May 18th 2014 at 1:20 pm.
Old May 18th 2014, 2:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

'The pair' ? i think you need to check my previous posts... 'im taken no side's' and forumla is out of order for the posts... but i'm just getting the 'jist' of that guys problem... no harm is there?

Unbelievable you say? meh then i say you need to 'open your eyes'

Unbelievable you
Vexcore, I remember when you joined BE and started asking questions about the spouse visa for a non EEA spouse. I remember because I was just starting to explore the same thing. I also remember how upset you were by the 2012 changes and how furious you were at the UK government.

Fast forward to the present, and you're making 'Jesus, what's the problem' comments to a guy who's desperate to get back to the UK, doesn't want his child born in a third world country (btw - China's medical facilities are FAR better than those in Vietnam) and can't meet the financial requirements.

All I'm saying is don't forget what it feels like, and have a bit of compassion.
Old May 18th 2014, 2:31 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore, I remember when you joined BE and started asking questions about the spouse visa for a non EEA spouse. I remember because I was just starting to explore the same thing. I also remember how upset you were by the 2012 changes and how furious you were at the UK government.

Fast forward to the present, and you're making 'Jesus, what's the problem' comments to a guy who's desperate to get back to the UK, doesn't want his child born in a third world country (btw - China's medical facilities are FAR better than those in Vietnam) and can't meet the financial requirements.

All I'm saying is don't forget what it feels like, and have a bit of compassion.
Doesn't matter what you remember simple don't jump to conclusions and think 'I'm the bad guy' attacking him... because i'm clearly not... don't be pathetic - it's that simple.

China Medical is better than Vietnam? come over here then. it's a BIG COUNTRY remember that.

And what you on about 'compassion' etc? i never attacked him don't even try and 'put that on me' and just for your 'info' i don't even know this guys problem that's why i asked (so i can understand) and yet you think im attacking him?

Jesus Christ don't be an idiot.
Old May 18th 2014, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Doesn't matter what you remember simple don't jump to conclusions and think 'I'm the bad guy' attacking him... because i'm clearly not... don't be pathetic - it's that simple.

China Medical is better than Vietnam? come over here then. it's a BIG COUNTRY remember that.

And what you on about 'compassion' etc? i never attacked him don't even try and 'put that on me' and just for your 'info' i don't even know this guys problem that's why i asked (so i can understand) and yet you think im attacking him?

Jesus Christ don't be an idiot.
Whatever you reckon, I'll leave you to it
Old May 18th 2014, 2:40 pm
Looking Around~

Whatever you reckon, I'll leave you to it
Sure thing sweetheart.
Old May 18th 2014, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there must be a balance. Yes, the government should absolutely discourage immigrants who come simply to take advantage of the NHS and the benefits system--and I think it is well-documented that this does happen, and I agree it is not fair to British taxpayers. But the government should not be making it so horribly difficult for British people who happen to have married non-EU citizens to pursue a family life with spouse in their native Britain.

Of course the government has to ensure that no-one is coming purely with the intent to scrounge, but the current financial requirements for non-EU spouses are draconian.

I think the unfairest part is that since 2012 a family--like mine before my husband retired--with one partner at home looking after children (or working free-lance non-lucratively) cannot come to the UK if the wage-earner is the non-EU spouse. However much that non-EU spouse is earning, his/her earnings, and earning potential in UK, aren't taken into account.

So such families must fulfil the 62,000 (or more with dependents, I think?) savings requirement. An amount that few young families with children still at home are likely to have.

It's all very difficult and I hope the appeal to reduce the financial requirements to something more manageable is successful. I think we can all agree about that!
Old May 18th 2014, 2:49 pm
WhiteRabbit

Sure thing sweetheart.
Sweetheart?

I'd just like to say that I think the purpose of this forum is to support people who are looking for a legal way to reunite with family in the UK.

It is not a place for people to come in and bash someone with anti-immigrant, populist rhetoric.

Given that, it is common sense that sexist rhetoric is unwelcome also.

I don't believe, Vexcore, that you should be calling a woman your "sweetheart" unless she happens to be just that. Especially in the condescending manner in which you just wrote it. Now - how about you play nice with all the boys and girls in the sandbox (be they black, white, brown or yellow)?
Old May 18th 2014, 3:00 pm
WhiteRabbit

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Yes, there must be a balance. Yes, the government should absolutely discourage immigrants who come simply to take advantage of the NHS and the benefits system--and I think it is well-documented that this does happen, and I agree it is not fair to British taxpayers. But the government should not be making it so horribly difficult for British people who happen to have married non-EU citizens to pursue a family life with spouse in their native Britain.

Of course the government has to ensure that no-one is coming purely with the intent to scrounge, but the current financial requirements for non-EU spouses are draconian.

I think the unfairest part is that since 2012 a family--like mine before my husband retired--with one partner at home looking after children (or working free-lance non-lucratively) cannot come to the UK if the wage-earner is the non-EU spouse. However much that non-EU spouse is earning, his/her earnings, and earning potential in UK, aren't taken into account.

So such families must fulfil the 62,000 (or more with dependents, I think?) savings requirement. An amount that few young families with children still at home are likely to have.

It's all very difficult and I hope the appeal to reduce the financial requirements to something more manageable is successful. I think we can all agree about that!
I think it's well documented that people coming to the UK to claim benefits is far lower than the public like to believe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19569072

I can get pretty wound up about all this as I come from a country (the US) where we have a migration system that also puts a financial hurdle on family unification. But it's a hurdle with flexibility built in. The required wage is just slightly about the US minimum wage. Third party sponsorship is allowed. Savings is allowed and the US government counts ALL your savings.

The biggest difference though between the US and UK systems is we've no right to a family life in the US. And the UK does. It's not just some EU rights that you've got either. It's built into enough of your other laws that your constitutional lawyers will tell you it IS there.

I can't wrap my brain around how immigration in the UK has become so demonized that even family is subject to having their rights taken from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.