Payslip query

Old Jan 27th 2022, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Payslip query

Hello,

I will be applying for FLR(M) for my spouse in a few months. We plan to use Cat B to apply.

Please confirm if I need to be working entire 12 months (i.e provide 12 payslips) to apply under Cat B?

If I have earned the required income threshold but only over 8 months, can't I just provide 8 payslips and apply? Would be very grateful for your reply.
Old Jan 27th 2022, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payslip query

One needs to show that you currently earn 18,600 GBP AND in past 12 months have earned 18,600 GBP.

If your situation is as per the following example you can apply now.

Case studies – Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

Example (a) The applicant’s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 months prior to the date of application and her gross annual salary is £22,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to meet part (2) of the calculation for Category B.
Before starting her new job, she worked for another company for 7 months during the last 12 months. Including her current and previous job, the total amount she has earned from employment in the last 12 months is £20,000. The financial requirement is met under Category B because the applicant’s partner is currently in a job paying at least £18,600 a year and has earned more than £18,600 from employment in the last 12 months
Old Jan 28th 2022, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
One needs to show that you currently earn 18,600 GBP AND in past 12 months have earned 18,600 GBP.

If your situation is as per the following example you can apply now.

Case studies – Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

Example (a) The applicant’s partner works in the UK. She started a new job 3 months prior to the date of application and her gross annual salary is £22,000. She meets part (1) of the calculation for Category B because she is in salaried employment at the date of application and her gross annual salary at the date of application meets the financial requirement.
In addition, she must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to meet part (2) of the calculation for Category B.
Before starting her new job, she worked for another company for 7 months during the last 12 months. Including her current and previous job, the total amount she has earned from employment in the last 12 months is £20,000. The financial requirement is met under Category B because the applicant’s partner is currently in a job paying at least £18,600 a year and has earned more than £18,600 from employment in the last 12 months

Thanks SanDiegogirl. Yes that is exactly my situation. Just one difference that I will be non salaried employment at the time of application.

Other than my payslips and bank statements, would you advise to provide any other documents? Is an employer letter necessary?
Old Jan 28th 2022, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackscholes
Thanks SanDiegogirl. Yes that is exactly my situation. Just one difference that I will be non salaried employment at the time of application.

Other than my payslips and bank statements, would you advise to provide any other documents? Is an employer letter necessary?
If you are non salaried then your situation is NOT exactly as per the example. The example is for someone in salaried employment.

You will need to show that you earn 18,600 GBP per annum in your current job by:
(Total gross income from non-salaried employment in the period prior to the date of application for which that employment has been held) divided by the number of months and multiplied by 12 (or by the number of weeks and multiplied by 52 where payment is weekly, or by the number of days and multiplied by 365 where payment is daily) = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement

Yes an employment letter is essential.
Old Jan 28th 2022, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just a query based on your earlier posts. At the time of your application for how many months will you have worked for the agency?
Old Jan 29th 2022, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Just a query based on your earlier posts. At the time of your application for how many months will you have worked for the agency?
Thanks SanDiegogirl. I am expecting to have completed 6 months at the agency by the time we apply. But like mentioned in my earlier post on Missing payslip - British Expats , I am missing a payslip for one week in which I took leave and you had advised that I would need that payslip, hence my decision to use Cat B.

There is a case study in the appendix given below that appears relevant. Here, the applicant takes two weeks unpaid leave but is allowed to work extra 2 weeks and still satisfy their criteria. Its not very clear though whether they submit 26 or 28 payslips. What do you advise? Your guidance is much appreciated, thanks

Case studies – Maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and sick leave
Example (b) The applicant’s partner is relying on Category A non-salaried employment but had 2 weeks’ unpaid sick leave 2 months prior to the date of application. This 2 week period will be discounted for the purposes of the application and it will not break the 6 month period of continuous employment required. The applicant’s partner can show that they meet the annualised average income required over a period of 6 months and 2 weeks prior to the date of application.

Last edited by blackscholes; Jan 29th 2022 at 4:37 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2022, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I advised you get that payslip (even if it says 0) on it, because you need a certain amount of payslips to show for either Cat A or B.

If you are going to have worked for the agency for 6 months at time of application then you should look at applying under Cat A as non salaried.

Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK

Read from Page 19 of the following document. Look at example C
https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi SanDiegogirl... thank you for your guidance once again.

Yes the only issue with Cat A is the missing payslip which I tried getting but the agency refuses to issue it because I didn't work that week. And I didn't send my timesheet.

Do you think I am legally entitled to a payslip? Because I have a contract with this agency

Old Feb 2nd 2022, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by blackscholes
Hi SanDiegogirl... thank you for your guidance once again.

Yes the only issue with Cat A is the missing payslip which I tried getting but the agency refuses to issue it because I didn't work that week. And I didn't send my timesheet.

Do you think I am legally entitled to a payslip? Because I have a contract with this agency
Yes you are legally entitled to pay slip.... even if it says 0