Payslip and bank statements query

Old Oct 3rd 2019, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Payslip and bank statements query

Hi, the net pay and the amount on my bank statement matches, but the dates are different. Is this an issue?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 7:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payslip and bank statements query

The date on your payslips and the date the money is deposited in your account should match. How different are they?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The date on your payslips and the date the money is deposited in your account should match. How different are they?
they are a few days apart. Between 2-4 days for each month.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 8:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Should probably get your employer to mention the discrepancy in their letter.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Should probably get your employer to mention the discrepancy in their letter.
What if the payslip dates are the same? By this i mean. Each months payslip is either dated 31st or 30th, but the money is deposited in between 27th or 29th. Will this still be classed as a discrepancy?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:10 pm

If your payslips give a different date to the one that appears on your bank statements then that should be explained.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 9:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam12345
What if the payslip dates are the same? By this i mean. Each months payslip is either dated 31st or 30th, but the money is deposited in between 27th or 29th. Will this still be classed as a discrepancy?
So you’re paid before the date of your payslip? Or is your payslip nearly a month ahead?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Frequently had this when I was working..... payslips and deposits a few day apart.
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

So you’re paid before the date of your payslip? Or is your payslip nearly a month ahead?
I often had a payslip dated say 30th of the month, but pay had already been deposited on 27/28/29th...... all depends on when that bank software springs into action I guess.....
Old Oct 4th 2019, 6:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I often had a payslip dated say 30th of the month, but pay had already been deposited on 27/28/29th...... all depends on when that bank software springs into action I guess.....
Bank software shouldn’t have anything to do with it, under the Employment Rights Act the payslip must be given to an employee on the date of pay, or before.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

im paid before the date of my payslip.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

im paid before the date of my payslip.
In which case, your employers are breaking the law, and you might be able to ask them to reissue the payslips with your actual payday on instead?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the law on this - christmasoompa is suggesting it's illegal to be paid before the date on your payslip?
But in my experience this is very common - so I am surprised to hear it is illegal - I know of at least 4+ companies who pay before the date of the payslip date all the time!
For example, at my husbands current company, all payslips are dated the 24th of the month but if that date is a weekend, he will be paid the last working day before the 24th. Eg 24th is a Saturday so he gets paid 23rd the Friday.
Similarly, his previous company, my current company and my previous company (a huge UK retailer) all had payslips dated for the last date of the month so 28th/29th/30th/31st depending on the month but payments were made the last working day of the month. Eg, for August the payslips were dated 31/08/19 but it was a Saturday so salaries were paid on Friday 30/08/19.

We didn't explain this discrepancy in my husbands recent application - having only seen this advice after we applied, I am slightly concerned but I suppose as it is so common in my personal experience; it didn't even cross my mind to explain it.

Old Oct 4th 2019, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johannalouise
I don't know the law on this - christmasoompa is suggesting it's illegal to be paid before the date on your payslip?
But in my experience this is very common - so I am surprised to hear it is illegal - I know of at least 4+ companies who pay before the date of the payslip date all the time!
For example, at my husbands current company, all payslips are dated the 24th of the month but if that date is a weekend, he will be paid the last working day before the 24th. Eg 24th is a Saturday so he gets paid 23rd the Friday.
Similarly, his previous company, my current company and my previous company (a huge UK retailer) all had payslips dated for the last date of the month so 28th/29th/30th/31st depending on the month but payments were made the last working day of the month. Eg, for August the payslips were dated 31/08/19 but it was a Saturday so salaries were paid on Friday 30/08/19.

We didn't explain this discrepancy in my husbands recent application - having only seen this advice after we applied, I am slightly concerned but I suppose as it is so common in my personal experience; it didn't even cross my mind to explain it.
Your situation is similar to mine. With the payslip dates. My employer will mention this in the letter but I'm still worried. Do let me know your outcome please
Old Oct 4th 2019, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you will be fine since you are mentioning it in the employers letter.
I just hope that UKVI understand this is a common situation, since I have not thought to include it in the letter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.