Passport with UK visa lost! Urgent help please

Old Feb 26th 2021, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Goldfish14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport with UK visa lost! Urgent help please

Hiya,

I sponsored my husband’s spouse visa for the first time in 2020. We applied in August and the spouse visa came in December with a letter stating we had 3 months to visit the UK. Whilst clearing the house and going to the rural town, we have misplaced our passports. What do we do?! We waited so long for the visa, putting our lives on hold (in a foreign land for me). We came abroad in March 2020 to marry, but due to Covid, the visa application process closed and didn’t’ open till July 2020, with biometrics appts coming 6 weeks later. So it’s coming up to a year being here. If we have to wait another 3 months, I’m gonna cry and won;t be able to do it.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport with UK visa lost! Urgent help please

First thing is to report passport stolen and get new ones.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/replace

Then to get new vignettes for your passports

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-a-visa-ecb17
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-of-conditions
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
First thing is to report passport stolen and get new ones.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/replace

Then to get new vignettes for your passports

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-a-visa-ecb17
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-of-conditions

but my husband does not hold a British passport. Can we transfer the vignette of his visa from the lost passport?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

I can’t quite see who we are to contact to transfer the vignette.
Old Feb 26th 2021, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldfish14 View Post
but my husband does not hold a British passport. Can we transfer the vignette of his visa from the lost passport?
Sorry, my mistake.. YOU apply for a new Brit passport as per that website I gave you ....he applies to his country's embassy for a new passport.

The following is a better website for transfer of vignette.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/visa-type

Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, my mistake.. YOU apply for a new Brit passport as per that website I gave you ....he applies to his country's embassy for a new passport.

The following is a better website for transfer of vignette.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/visa-type

would we use the link to transfer his spouse visa to his new Pakistani passport?

do you know if we have to go through the whole application again? It isn’t mentioning specifics to our scenario as such, hence my question again. How long would it take for the replacement? Has anyone had any similar experience?
Old Feb 26th 2021, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

would we use the link to transfer his spouse visa to his new Pakistani passport?

do you know if we have to go through the whole application again? It isn’t mentioning specifics to our scenario as such, hence my question again. How long would it take for the replacement? Has anyone had any similar experience?
Yes... you get a new passport and then use that site to apply for a new vignette.

No, you don't go through the whole application again

Don't know how long the application to get a new vignette takes
Old Feb 27th 2021, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Yes... you get a new passport and then use that site to apply for a new vignette.

No, you don't go through the whole application again

Don't know how long the application to get a new vignette takes

Thank you. Two last Q’s:

1) we didn’t receive a BRP- a letter was enclosed with his approved visa passport stating we would have to go to our local PO to collect. However, is the BRP Vignette Transfer option what we choose?

2) Can we request the transfer whilst not being in the country he’s from? I.e. we can go to Malaysia,where we will be for a few months, and request the transfer from there even though his nationality is something else?

Last edited by Goldfish14; Feb 27th 2021 at 7:38 am. Reason: Adding a question
Old Feb 27th 2021, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

1. yes
2. Really don't know the answer to this.
Old Feb 27th 2021, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. Two last Q’s:

1) we didn’t receive a BRP- a letter was enclosed with his approved visa passport stating we would have to go to our local PO to collect. However, is the BRP Vignette Transfer option what we choose?

2) Can we request the transfer whilst not being in the country he’s from? I.e. we can go to Malaysia,where we will be for a few months, and request the transfer from there even though his nationality is something else?
Going to Malaysia might complicate things ! I would advise against that. In any case is a time of pandemic a good time to travel ? Can you not postpone that trip until you are settled in Britain ? Priorities ? A holiday in Malaysia, or settling in The UK ?

Last edited by scot47; Feb 27th 2021 at 4:08 pm.